New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally -
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This past weekend, we FINALLY made it out to the mountains to do some fishing. It was a good day; the boy caught 6 trout, including a brookie and some rainbows. I caught 8, including a rainbow/cutthroat hybrid, which sometimes happens in the local streams.

I hope this works...might need to scroll a bit to the right to see the entire photo. It's taken from my favourite spot in the world:

Here is the hybrid referred to above:

He was released after the photo was taken.

We had quite a bad fire out there last fall; if you look carefully, you can see the black areas where the fire burned quickly through the grass:

The speed of the fire spared most of the trees, but as you can see by the pine tree in the center, some were damaged, as well.

The new grass coming up was amazingly beautiful.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. I love catching trout on Ultralight gear and Mepps. Looks like you have a great time in a beautiful place.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Sure looks like a place I could enjoy spending some time.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great job Dad !

Sorry Tas . My screw up on my first post !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys - hopefully we'll be out at the same lake again this coming weekend, complete with campfire, cast iron frying pan etc.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote