Find
Notify
Tools

First Musky!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
My dad and my younder brother fially coaxed me to musky fishing with them yesterday. I have to admit, I have never really been a fan of catching something that you dont get to bring home and eat. In that regard, musky fishing has not been a high priority for me in the past.
Well... I have been missing out.

We got out on the water and my brother hands me this ridiculously big double tallywacker and says "try this." A bit skeptical, I made a few casts and on my 3rd retrieve I hooked a 46in Musky! I was suprised to find that they dont really fight, they just pull. It was like a tug-o-war contest, I would make a little leeway then the fish would strip out a bunch of line. After 10 minutes we go it in to the boat. By dad hands it to me and I was about to hold it up to get a photo and as luck would have it, someone forgot to put fresh batteries in the camera Mad We only saw four more the whole day but I have to say, I'm hooked (pun intended).

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote