New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costa Rica fishing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any suggestions to combine vacation with a little deep sea fishing in Costa Rica or somewhere else. Any reasonable fishing charters in some other tropical areas?

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I can be of no real help on where to go. BUT, I will offer this; Don't go to Crocodile Bay. Its not what it once was.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3367 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fished inshore near Crocodile Bay off Guadacanaste for Snapper and Roosterfish. Fishing was good. Four Seasons resort couldn't have been nicer.
I think Butch Manasse (World-Wide Hunts) has a great package deal for resort/offshore out of Cabo.
Sailfish season is starting off Florida too.

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
This may be a little late but we went on a family vacation last year in Nosara. The resort was nice, we rented a golf cart, there were plenty of good restaurants within golf cart distance, surfing is great, there is an 11 kilometer (iirc) zip line that was fun, kayaking, and probably the best trip was the horseback ride in the mountains.

I fished one day by myself and caught a sailfish and marlin. After fighting the marlin I was spent and we went back. I think March is their prime sailfish season.

The town is clean, roads are bad, beach is clean but the water is not clear nor the sand white. All in all we had a great time.

I booked the entire trip through these guys

http://www.fishingnosara.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can only speak from my experience with Crocodile Bay. On my way home from CR and my first trip here and with Crocodile Bay. We did well and were treated like kings there. I have no idea what it used to be like, but our experience was very good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
I would note that the future plans for this resort through Hilton don't excite me. I think that a lot will be lost, but that is just my opinion.

Posts: 314 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You mean they haven’t broken ground yet? They have been publicizing the project for at least 4 years and marketing time shares. The family resort ambiance will definitely be the first casualty when work finally begins. Had a lot of great trips there but I don’t want a mega resort atmosphere.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13136 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Tara and Todd at sci for quite some time. Todd is retiring as head guy. Didn't sound like they had broke ground yet on the big Shit show time share. I went last year to cb and had a great time. Won't ever go once the big resort is there.

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote