New
Find
Notify
Tools

using two motors
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I came up with a strange idea the other day. I just bought a 7.5evinrude that runs excelent for $125. I only bought it because it was a really good deal. I have a 14ft alum. v-hull that allready has a 15hp johnson. If i put the 7.5hp on beside the 15hp will it make the boat any faster, or will it just slow it down?
i'll appreciate any info.
thanks,
bkmastr

"It is allways better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open it and prove them right."

Posts: 203 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up here in the north country we call that flirting with disaster. Two engines of diffferent hp will cause all sorts of problems with torque and cavitation. Don't do it.

Now, two engines with the same hp are another story. Can't say i've ever seen it done with small size engines.

What i can't figure out is how you thought you'd be able to steer the dang thing.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
connect them together, and adjust as needed

"It is allways better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open it and prove them right."

Posts: 203 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With Quote