Find
Notify
Tools

A few fishing pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of medium
posted
Here are a few fishing pictures. One is a Dolphin fish (Mahi-Mahi, Dorado) I caught in Jamaica last July while fishing for Marlin. My wife got in mounted for me for my birthday. The other is a 27lb. Salmon I caught while flyfishing a river here in Oregon last June.

Dophin Fish

Mount

Salmon

Posts: 136 | Location: Seward, Alaska | Registered: 11 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems my account is not active at this time so the links don't work.

At any rate. here's what we've been eating lately.

Outstanding run of Striped Bass (we call them rock) the past few years. Fisheries Regulations tightened up the harvest by commercial fishermen a few years back and it has paid off. We look to have lots of rock all summer.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
ncboman,

How big is a keeper down there? Those wouldn't be legal anywhere up here. Not a flame, just curious.

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
although the regs are confusing because they are different in different waters, here is what I believe to be legal in the waters I can see from my house.

Minimum length limit: 18 inches AND no striped bass between 22 inches and 27 inches in length may be possessed at any time.

The above is a sportfish regulation for inland waters.

Commercial fishermen have different seasons and guidelines but I am unclear on it as the regs are different from ocean to inland waters.

btw, the season is over here so it's catch and release only now. Of course some folks slip a few out and some folks get caught trying.

oh, one more thing. I did not catch these fish. They were given to us in season by a commercial fisherman friend and I feel like they were legal catch.

What are the size and possession limits up your way?

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I fish for stripers in MA and NH where the legal keeper size is 28". It was only a few years ago that 36" was the legal size but stripers have made a great comeback.

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medium
posted Hide Post
Here are my fishing pictures that have links that aren't expired this time. I added one from this week. I nice 4lb. trout I caught on a 3 wt. fly rod on the property we live on. One is a Dolphin fish (Mahi-Mahi, Dorado) I caught in Jamaica last July while fishing for Marlin. My wife got in mounted for me for my birthday. The other is a 27lb. Salmon I caught while flyfishing a river here in Oregon last June.

Trout

Dorado

Mount

Salmon

Posts: 136 | Location: Seward, Alaska | Registered: 11 April 2004Reply With Quote