New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baitcast Reel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the best baitcast reel for under $200?

Posts: 294 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 17 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
The SHIMANO "CURADO" has earned a good name for its self here in Australia and is priced around $200

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The newer Curados have been cheapened up a bit and are closer to $300 in the US now. I don't like any of the low profile reels in that price category very well. I like round reels better and the Abu Record is well under $200 and seems fine to me. I think it is as smooth as my Calcutta and a lot cheaper. I've caught some nice fish on it up to about 25lbs and may get another this summer.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have three Curados and really love them. I use mine for mainly black bass, northern pike and walleye. They are listed for $160.00 in both the latest Bass Pro and Cabelas catelogs. I bougfht my last one for $130 on sale at Cabelas.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Curados they sell now are not the same as the E models that made the reel so popular. They may be ok, but are not what I think of when I hear Curado.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote