New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Gonna Try Yodeling
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I forgot to mention, haven't been out fishing for a few weeks, but I did catch some nice rainbow trout last time out. Unfortunately the lunkers seemed to like jumping out of the water and spitting the hooks, but I still managed to land a few nice ones.

I have been working towards finishing my boat, with thoughts of catching halibut next year

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually it has been pretty quiet since Dans last visit! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul - I thought that chickens were the best eating? Or are limits such that people only want to bring back the monsters?

Scott

Posts: 117 | Location: Sierra Foothills, CA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I think this forum shares the same fait as the other forums towards the bottom of the page, they just don't get visited that much. That and I guess politics and guns takes most folks energy, and they don't have any left to discuss fishing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that the proper term for a "fish billy" is a "priest". Not p/c these days though! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I don't quite understand the first question, I live up here.

A friend told me about when his dad came up here, and he took him out on a halibut charter. His dad reals up a 15-20# halibut, the biggest fish he'd ever caught, and the deck hand pulls the hook and throughs the fish back. He starts getting indignant that his personal best was so calously thrown back. Well, he did manage to catch some bigger ones.

I did manage to get out a halibut charter this summer. I didn't catch any big ones, a few that went maybe 30#'s, but I had a blast, as I caught maybe 20 total, I lost count. I used bait, leadhead jigs and diamond jigs. I couldn't keep fish off the hooks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you do, sorry, I missed that. Well, have a happy halibut hunt!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote