Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Paddlefish
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Its kinda funny to me that I lived in Alaska for 24 years and then catch my biggest fish ever in Montana.

Paddlefish 82 pounds.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Nice fish!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
shocker What a Beast!!!

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great catch! What tackle and terminal tackle were you using? My understanding is that you must snag them with large treble hooks, which seems like a very slow and painful way to fish, as I'd imagine that you'd snag about 1,000 pieces of river junk for every fish that you'd hook.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is neat as hell man!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Huge! tu2

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have heard the flesh is wonderful -- like lobster.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16274 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks full of egg's from here.
Dandy fish!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a big one I saw at the Kalispel Montana airport.
[URL= ]big trout?[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sorry bud, but that definitely ISNT a paddlefish. You can't tell the difference between a paddlefish and a trout???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Sorry bud, but that definitely ISNT a paddlefish. You can't tell the difference between a paddlefish and a trout???

Who cares idiot?? At least I know what a real trophy fish looks like.
I'll take a guess at naming that fish in my picture.I say that it is a steel head rainbow trout.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Wrong again. Pretty sure it's a lake trout. You need to quit qhile you are behind. It's only getting worse.... hammering

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy fuck shootaway.....you sure it's not a marlin?

Why call the guy an idiot when he corrected you in a gentlemanly manner?

Yup....mud chicken aka togue aka laker.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Consider the source, Norton.....

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:

I'll take a guess at naming that fish in my picture.I say that it is a steel head rainbow trout.

Dick breath is off his meds once again jumping

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1695 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How do you know what a trophy fish looks like if you have no dea what species of fish you are looking at??? faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

How do you know what a trophy fish looks like if you have no dea what species of fish you are looking at??? faint

I thought it was open for those freshwater marlin fishing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I plan on taking special tackle to Brazil in Nov for those fresh water marlin and maybe the tuna and Mahi-mahi that inhabit the same river. Hope I can recognize a real trophy when I catch one, like shootacow. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I plan on taking special tackle to Brazil in Nov for those fresh water marlin and maybe the tuna and Mahi-mahi that inhabit the same river. Hope I can recognize a real trophy when I catch one, like shootacow. rotflmo

He is a special kind of stupid Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Ole Shootaway strikes again! lol

Someone start another trophy fish species thread, please. Something out of the ordinary such as the paddlefish. Maybe a sturgeon, gar or Atlantic halibut. My money's on him following up with a response pic of an amphibian, mollusk or brown bear. You can't make this stuff up! And yes, lakers are the only trout sporting a deeply forked tail. Or wing, or bill or shell or whatever they have... Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Ole Shootaway strikes again! lol

Someone start another trophy fish species thread, please. Something out of the ordinary such as the paddlefish. Maybe a sturgeon, gar or Atlantic halibut. My money's on him following up with a response pic of an amphibian, mollusk or brown bear. You can't make this stuff up! And yes, lakers are the only trout sporting a deeply forked tail. Or wing, or bill or shell or whatever they have... Smiler

OK....I'll start: here's a pic of my trophy steel head rainbow trout doing the ritualistic chicken mating dance. Check out its beak.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote