Find
Notify
Tools

stripers,point judith, port galilee ,RI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI,

On friday my two friends and myself went fishing for stripers out of port Galilee, point Judith,RI.We used umbrella rigs and we hammered them big time ,we hook up on the rigs most the time with 2 or 3 fish,which were all keepers.The largest weight was around 25-30 pounds.The weather was very bad raining non-stop waves were big ,rough,but we ketp on caughting through the rain and waves. We caught our limit,which they have enforce strongly as the DEP. of Env, have been showning up and going through the boats hitting them with big time finds pulling there licences,so they are strick on the limit,but it was a good time. If I get some pics will show them,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's rough water. It seems that what with it being open ocean, a point of land and the water getting less in depth that the chop is brutal. Wakes from boats just add to it.

Strippers are pretty big fish. Sounds like a very good trip.

It's not far to Sandy Pt, Block I. if the waves are from the SW.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Savage99,you are right not to far from Block island, in fact capt. Bill will bring us there if we are not caughting,but we were hooking up so well there was no need,kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote