New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishing Lake Baccarac (Mexico)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got back from 3 1/2 days fishing out of Lake Baccarac Lodge (Bacurato, Sinaloa, Mexico) https://www.lakebaccaraclodge.com/

It was a little disappointing. No huge fish caught. The Lodge is fine. Good food and accommodations. Excellent staff.

We didn't find anything but dinks for the first two sessions. We then switched guides, and started catching some good fish. I thought between the four of us we would nail a 10-pounder or two. Didn't happen. We got a handful of 7-pounders and many in the 4 to 6 pound class.

We flew private (Beechcraft Baron) directly from Roanoke, Texas to Bacubirito, via Juarez. The flight back was through Los Mochis, Del Rio, and then diverted due to bad weather to Denton.

We had brought with us every imaginable bass lure ever made. We caught fish primarily on 1 Oz. Blue and Chrome Rattle-Traps and spinner baits (White / Chartreuse) I caught a 7.2# on a baby bass square-bill. The lodge has a tremendous supply of lures for sale; the ones that the guides prefer. Save your money and wait until you get there. The bite changes. A few weeks earlier they were hitting soft baits.

I had an 8+ pound fish on at one point with a brand new 1 Oz. Rattle Trap, that I had just bought. He broke-off midway to the boat taking the back hook, split ring, and the small I-bolt that the ring was attached to.

The lake is down about 100+ feet and still dropping when we were there. The saeson is about over. Rains should begin by the end of the month. The owners recommend Jan./Feb.

(I fished there in 1981 when they called the lake Diaz Ordaz. We used only plastic worms then.)

The guides are great. You fish from 6:00am until 8:00pm. ($80 per boat for the day.) A Lake Fork guide will charge you twice that and want to fish from about 9:00am until 2:00pm. American guides are just lazy and think they hung the moon. If they were working in Mexico, they would not be able to hold a job.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Bass fishing, Ken? Bet it was fun.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bass fishing. We enjoyed it, the mosquitos enjoyed us.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
A couple of Baccarac bass....

Dr. John Belden with his bass that weighed 10 lbs., 12 oz. It bit a 7" watermelon YUM lizard fished on a Carolina rig.

Tony Mandile at Lake Baccarac Sinaloa, Mex. with a 10 lbs., 14 oz. fish. It also ate a 7" watermelon YUM lizard fished on a Carolina rig.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote