Find
Notify
Tools

fishing in cairns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted
My grandson and I will be in Cairns, Australia, for a couple of days this July. After checking the internet the best deal I could find for fishing the rivers there is $600 AUD for a charter for two. That seems terribly pricey. Any suggestions?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
$600? How many days is that for? It does sound pricey to me. I'll have a bit of a poke around and see what I can find for you.

cheers,

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
How many days fishing do you want?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
$600 AUS per day for the two of us was quoted on three different internet sites. It did include all tackle, pickup and return to our hotel, and a lunch. We will have only one day to fish.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Have had a quick look on the net and have found some info for you. I don't know if you looked at this site: http://www.fishingcairns.com.au/index.html
and some of the options on this site are pricey, as you've found, but the Calmwater Estuary Fishing charter Calmwater Estuary fishing seemed reasonably priced and should be fun. Another option, worth considering, is fishing Lake Tinaroo Tinaroo. The self-drive packages are more reasonable and the fishing in Tinaroo is meant to be dynamite (although it is best around October/November).

I'll keep poking around and see what else comes up.

www.cybersafaris.com.au

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
A couple more options: http://www.cairnsinfo.com/tourSubcategory/Adventure/Fishing/

www.cybersafaris.com.au

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll check them all out. I think that fishingcairns.com was one of the $600 AUS per day sites, though. I'll check it again. We especially want to fish a tropical river.

Thank you again for the help.

Bill Quimby

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Another one to consider:

Estuary fishing

www.cybersafaris.com.au

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
And again:

More fishing

www.cybersafaris.com.au

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
And try these, too:

Fishing

River Fishing

www.cybersafaris.com.au

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
BwanaBob:

I checked all the sites, and I thank you for your effort.

I guess I'll just bite the bullet and flip a coin to choose one of the companies. They all work out to $595 to $600 AUS per day for sole charter river fishing. Talk about price fixing.

Although some advertise $150 AUS per person per day, elsewhere they'll admit that's with four to six persons on board.

Thank you again.

Bill

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I'll keep having a poke around because there has to be cheaper options than $600 per day!!!

I am also interested to see what options there are in Cairns, as I am planning on doing a trip to Tinaroo, later this year.

www.cybersafaris.com.au