New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need help finding a rod
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to know who makes a 80to100lb. rod that breaks down to on longer that 48". To take to Africa to do some fishing for crocs. YES fishing with rod and reel for crocs. Big Grin any and all help would be great
Thanks

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the only one I'm aware of is made by Diawa-- all the others in that line class seem to be one p[iece rods of 5'6" or a bit longer.

The Diawa Saltiga Dendoh is a deep drop rod. Two models, the 5'6" model handles 40-100 line, the 6'6" rod handles 80-150-- (both 2-piece) (( both retail for $170))

Cabela's handles the item if you need it.

Two tips, use a harness, and don't tie the rod/reel into the harness Big Grin

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nkonka= THANK YOU!!!!!! you can bet I will not tie myself to anything with a croc on the other end Big Grin Big Grin I was thinking of tieing the rod to a truck Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote