New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email Address Change! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please remember, if you ask for your registration details, we will only send them to the email address WE HAVE ON RECORD.

No registration details will be sent to NEW addresses.

In this case, you have to register a new ID.

We have decided to do this as people have been taking others log in IDs, and claiming them to be theirs, as they have changed their email address.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I'm not quite sure what the scope of this is? Does it mean you can't change the e-mail address associated with an existing user account?? I'm not sure what "registration details" incorporates??
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

We have decided to do this as people have been taking others log in IDs, and claiming them to be theirs, as they have changed their email address.

Such villiany!

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Saeed, I'm not quite sure what the scope of this is? Does it mean you can't change the e-mail address associated with an existing user account?? I'm not sure what "registration details" incorporates??
- mike

Mike,

If you can log in, then this does not affect you, as you can edit your own email as you wish.

What has happened is this:

Someone sends me an email saying he has changed his email address, hence he cannot get his password sent to that address, as it is no longer valid, and would I please send his new password to his new address?

I ask for his forum ID, and - for example - he says it is mho.

I go into our software, change his email address, and send him his registration details.

Not long after, mho sends an email saying HIS password has changed, and would I please send him HIS registration detils.

As you can see, we stuck between a rock and hard place, so we have decided members should make sure their email addresses are upto date, or risk not being able to log in if they have a problem, without having to use a new ID.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,
Sounds like there has been some chicanery afoot here in our Forum..
Good move Saeed..Muharraka Quiessa
Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, that explains it. Thanks for taking time to clear up the confusion.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of F4J
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I notice members who have joined more recently tham me and have posted less than me are 'members', but I am still a 'new member'. Why is that?

George

Posts: 21 | Location: Exeter, NH | Registered: 22 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Clearly a good old fashioned keel hauling on a barnacle encrusted dhow traveling the Red Sea should suffice to discourage such unwanted behavior? Said Sea still has the highest concentration of sharks, doesn't it?

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote