New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Passwords! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

I am getting flooded with emails asking for New Passwords.

I am getting them faster than I can actually answer them!!

PLEASE, PLEAES, try logging in using your usual log in ID, and then click on the link that says FORGOT PASSWORD.

The forum will automatically send you new password which you can use to log in and then change it to one of your choice.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Several of us cannot have a new password generated due to the old software had an old e-mail address, as was the case with me. I didn't realize that it still had the old address and didn't think of updating or checking before the change was made. This renders the "Forgot Password" system ineffective.

Thanks for sending me one anyway. Big Grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy crap...what a ride!"

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
One more note to those registering. If you don't confirm your email address we will not approve the request to join.

We do not sell our email addresses or use them for any commercial purpose. It just cuts down on trolls. It is the only thing we ask in return for a free board.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Don,

I've been trying to update my e-mail address on the new system and it is saying that new e-mail needs to be verified, but it won't give me the option to verify. Any ideas?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy crap...what a ride!"

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbob:
Don,

I've been trying to update my e-mail address on the new system and it is saying that new e-mail needs to be verified, but it won't give me the option to verify. Any ideas?

When you change the email address in your profile you should get an email from us. That will give you a link to click.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
One more note to those registering. If you don't confirm your email address we will not approve the request to join.

We do not sell our email addresses or use them for any commercial purpose. It just cuts down on trolls. It is the only thing we ask in return for a free board.

Don

Don
Trolls...on this board???

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Don,

It won't allow me to get that far. When I input the new info, I get an error message like this.

Edit Profile for Longbob

View Public Profile

Required fields are denoted by an asterisk.

Oops. There is an error with the information you have provided. Please correct the highlighted fields.

Private Profile Fields
*Username:
The name you enter when logging in. It is not case sensitive.
Change Account Password?
Account Password:
Your password is case sensitive.
Confirm Account Password:

Account Email Address longbob1@earthlink.net
Change Account Email?
*Account Email Address:
NOTE: This site requires that you verify this email address.

*Confirm Account Email Address:

Public Profile Fields
Note: the information that follows may be viewable by anyone visiting this community. Thus, if you don't feel comfortable about completing certain fields, just leave them blank. Required fields are highlighted.
*Display Name:

You can choose an avatar to show on your public member profile page. Edit
Signature:
HTML permitted only if you have specific permission ___________________

IM Identifier:
Your profile page will contain an indicator of your online status. Protocol
aimicqjabbersmsmsnodigoyahooother Identifier

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
When it asks you to confirm the email address,

Type it in again.

Don

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Don,

I've done that, but it continues to give the same error. I'm not sure the system is allowing us to change e-mails.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don,

I've done that, but it continues to give the same error. I'm not sure the system is allowing us to change e-mails.

ok...i just created a new account for my daughter. AND, I just logged in as her and changed the email addy. I got this:

The profile has been updated.
Please note that your membership is not yet active for the following reason(s):

-- Email Verification: please verify your account email address. We sent you an email with a link that you need to click in order to confirm your address. Until you click that link, your membership will not be valid.

If you would like to have this email sent again, please click here.

Until the conditions above are satisfied, you will only have access to our community as a guest.

Continue

----------

When she gets back from class, she'll verify the change in email addy and I'll let you know what happens. BUT, it did let me type in two new email addresses.

Now, did you create a new account and use your email address that you are trying to set the longbob account to? We only allow one email address on the system (again to keep trolls from registering two user names with one email addy).

Don

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Don,

I think you have stumbled onto why it won't work. I registered in as RKR with my current e-mail address. And I am trying to update Longbob with my current e-mail address. Can you just outright delete RKR? That may allow me to fix my e-mail. Thanks!

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don,

I think you have stumbled onto why it won't work. I registered in as RKR with my current e-mail address. And I am trying to update Longbob with my current e-mail address. Can you just outright delete RKR? That may allow me to fix my e-mail. Thanks!

It was not a stumble.

Educated guess.

RKR is deleted.

Don

posted Hide Post
sir in the new forum im classified as new member perhaps it can be wrong.juan

Posts: 6 | Location: argentina cordoba | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
You only have 5 posts. The software changes you to one of us after 25 posts.

Don

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpablopozzi:
sir in the new forum im classified as new member perhaps it can be wrong.juan

It appears to me that you posted on the old forums as "juanpozzi". Since the changeover you are posting as "juanpablopozzi". I think you must have registered a new name instead of re-activating your old account (ie. getting a new password).

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote