Welcome to our new home Login/Join 
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frazer:
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:

if there is a whole category you don't wish to see you can click on the ICON to the left of the Category Name, and collapse the forum names under it.

Don

But the category doesn't even stay collapsed when you go into some other forum, read a post or two, and click the "back" button.

This is a problem for those of us who only ever read 3 or 4 of the forums.

Make those 4 or 4 forums your favorites then.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed; Thanks Don for the new home.

So...this home in Washington is quite different than the one we left in Georgia.

I have been kicking the tires a bit but have yet to find a 'recent posts' button. Will that be incorporated here?

C'mon Don, tinkering with this new toy must be loads better than playing referee to those verbal bitch slappers on the political forum!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your continued efforts and hard work, you provide a great and useful service!

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
Thanks Saeed; Thanks Don for the new home.

So...this home in Washington is quite different than the one we left in Georgia.

I have been kicking the tires a bit but have yet to find a 'recent posts' button. Will that be incorporated here?

C'mon Don, tinkering with this new toy must be loads better than playing referee to those verbal bitch slappers on the political forum!

click on find, and there are two options, posts since your last visit and active posts.

I think there is a recent post feature...if and when I find it (manual pretty useless) I"ll flip the ol switch.

As for bitch slapping in the political forum, maybe I"ll drive everyone nuts and make it 1 post per page.

Roll Eyes
Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
How do I:
1. access my own profile when I want to update/upgrade it? Can't seem to find anything listed along the lines of "user CP"
2. make a photo small enough (48x48 fer Gawd's sake!) to post as a custom avatar?

Help?

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Make those 4 or 4 forums your favorites then.

Don

But you just said there's no way to do that...

It looks as if I can only choose individual topics as "favorites" -- which doesn't cut it, since I want to see new threads as well!

Also, when I click on a thread, it takes me to the beginning of the thread, rather than the unread posts. I suspect you've noticed that some of the threads here go on through more than a few messages ...

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldsarge:
How do I:
1. access my own profile when I want to update/upgrade it? Can't seem to find anything listed along the lines of "user CP"
2. make a photo small enough (48x48 fer Gawd's sake!) to post as a custom avatar?

Help?

At the top of each thread (topic) you will see a command GO

under that go to my space and profile.

that will take you to your settings.

As for the avatar,

I've just increased the size to 55 by 70. It looks better.

Don

<RKR>
posted
I'm unable to recover my original profile. The system is sending a new password to an old e-mail address. When will the old system be back up so I can change my e-mail (hopefully). Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don & Saeed, thank you so much for providing AR to us. I am very appreciative of your hard work on our behalf!

Best in the New Year to you--Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been said before, I'll repeat it:

Thanks Don and Saeed!!!!

Tim K
(trk)
Cat whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your efforts. It has that "new computer smell".

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RKR:
I'm unable to recover my original profile. The system is sending a new password to an old e-mail address. When will the old system be back up so I can change my e-mail (hopefully). Confused

The old system is dead. It won't accept new data, you can just access it for old stuff.

Send me a PM

Don

<RKR>
posted
Don,

Is the PM system now "Invite so-and-so to a private topic?"

The reason I thought the old system was still around was your comment about being able to pull up our PM's for 30 days on the old system. Are they toast, also?

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
No, you can go back to the old system and pull your PMs. I assume you remember your password for the old system.
BUT, if you change your email addy on that system it won't do you any good as we are done carrying over information onto the new board.
Don

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Don or anyone,

One more thing. How do you jump to the first unread post in a thread? Clicked on both the title of the thread as well as the topic icon (i.e., the little book). Always seems to jump to the first posting in the thread.

Am I guilty of pilot error?

Thanks!!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
<RKR>
posted
quote:
No, you can go back to the old system and pull your PMs. I assume you remember your password for the old system.
BUT, if you change your email addy on that system it won't do you any good as we are done carrying over information onto the new board.
Don

Don,

I don't think you understand what I am saying. My old password doesn't work over here and I need to have a new one generated. I am still logged into the old forum, but nothing comes up. No posts, My Home is disabled, nothing is working. In order to get a new password generated, I have to go into my profile of the old system, change my e-mail address, and allow your system to generate a new password for the new board. Are you able to change my e-mail address on my old profile with the new board?

Like DHB, I cannot get anything to work on the old board. Can anyone else?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

Everything is perfect and are we glad to be back! Smiler

Best wishes and thanks again.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a way for me to change the color?
The light brown on light gray is not enough contrast for me.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Looks great Don, it couldn't of been easy. Two quickies:

1) Is there a way to expand the column display width for the "Topic", and lessen the "Topic Starter" column?

2)A much smaller "header" w/o the graphic would help display be on a single page, and aid as people fill out the profile info.

I'm having fun playing w/the new and different features. Will miss the "preview" of post feature. But again - MANY THANKS!

Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for having me. Your new home is very lovely indeed and filled with the newest and best updates and creativity. Of course if is the hosts of this warm and friendly home we have really come to visit as well as those friends and comrads we have come to meet and know here. We all thank you for providing us with the opportunity to spend a little time with you and the others who come to visit here as well.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Looks great Don, it couldn't of been easy. Two quickies:

1) Is there a way to expand the column display width for the "Topic", and lessen the "Topic Starter" column?

2)A much smaller "header" w/o the graphic would help display be on a single page, and aid as people fill out the profile info.

I'm having fun playing w/the new and different features. Will miss the "preview" of post feature. But again - MANY THANKS!

Bill

Unfortunately the answer to both questions is no. Sorry,

Don

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Well done Don. It must have been fun.

It will be interesting to see how "Eve" compares.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clark:
Is there a way for me to change the color?
The light brown on light gray is not enough contrast for me.

Where do you see light brown on light grey. The print is black on white or grey in all the text fields.

Anyway, the color scheme is not 100% set in stone, but a good starting point.

Don

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RKR:
quote:
Don

Don,

I don't think you understand what I am saying. My old password doesn't work over here and I need to have a new one generated. I am still logged into the old forum, but nothing comes up. No posts, My Home is disabled, nothing is working. In order to get a new password generated, I have to go into my profile of the old system, change my e-mail address, and allow your system to generate a new password for the new board. Are you able to change my e-mail address on my old profile with the new board?

Like DHB, I cannot get anything to work on the old board. Can anyone else?

I understand completely. Changing anything on the OLD board will not generate anything on the new board.

SEND ME AN PRIVATE MESSAGE with your old user name and original email addy and I"ll change your password to what you want on THIS board.

Don

<RKR>
posted
Don,

No need to yell. I asked you in a prior post if the Private Message system was the "Invite so-and-so to a Private Topic." You didn't answer. I tried it anyway.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
It's been answered.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't start a new topic or do a standard reply, only the quick reply works?????????????

I'm what you call your basic famous.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:

quote:
Unfortunately the answer to both questions is no. Sorry, Don

Don - In case I didn't make myself clear, I'm looking at the large font used for the "THE ACCURATE RELOADING FORUMS" and "2005 Happy new year" image. I'm sure these can be adjusted if so desired. Just a thought to make the screen easier to read.

Add'l posts per page would be really great.

Searching is a bit confusing - but bloody fast!!! Smiler We may have lost some in the conversion (looking at searches done in the African Hunting Reports forum), although maybe I don't have a handle on the searches yet. A search finds pages other then the primary page (as before) - but I couldn't find a way to page-up from here. Am I doing this wrong?

Also - Is there any way to display a persons EMAIL and WEB ADDRESS with their profile. I used this a lot to coorespond w/other members w/o having to rely on the PM feature.

Thanks Don!!! Smiler

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Looks great, works great!

Just so happy its back on! Big Grin

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I get for either is .... Please wait your request is being processed, and thats all it does..............help???????????

I'm what you call your basic famous.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bill C. If e-mails can be accessed directly from the post life would be even better than it is right now.
Well except for poor DRG 'cus he keeps having to customize and accurize and finalize and ize and ize and ize.
Thanks so much for the effort.
Frank

PS Is anyone else having trouble entering the old site? I can't seem to open it to retrieve my old PM's and list of favorites in the "MY Home".

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Well, theres got to be one in every crowd, I guess its gonna be me.
The new board sucks.
The new pics to the left of each topic is real "Kewl." I like the little white house with the red roof and the green tree in the yard. What happened to all the animals?
I see we can now go to "Buddies," Karma," Groups," Permission, etc."
If I wanted Buddies, I'd go to AOL.
If I wanted Karma, I'd go to the physic network.
If I wanted Groups, I'd go to therapy.
If I wanted Permission, I'd go back to Highschool.
Having said that, I appreciate all the hard work, I'm sure it took to get this thing up and running.Thanks.
I will now go take my Soylent Green pill and await the morning.
"Karma?" Saeed and Walter is pulling one of their practical jokes, right?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
YeeeHaaaaw!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Schmetterling
posted Hide Post
You did a good work, guys! Smiler

Happy New Year!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Der Meister betrachtet die Teile mit Mitgefühl, denn er versteht das Ganze." - Tao Te King

Posts: 558 | Location: Colonia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Magnum308
posted Hide Post
Well done. You've had a very busy Christmas/New Year period. You been working while we've been holidaying. It is much appreciated.

Magnum308
from Oz

Only accurate rifles are interesting

Posts: 34 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Logged on at last!

Thank you for your efforts with the site during Smilerthe holiday period, wishing you and all members a Happy, Healthy & Successful New Year.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Manfred
posted Hide Post
New Year, new board!

Bravo! all the best! Smiler

a lucky German living in France.
http://www.gunlinks.de/

Posts: 159 | Location: EU | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I have some questions about the new forum :
1.I can't get my name spelled correctly. The accented "é" is replaced by Andr� Mertens ?!? If the accent is no longer available, pls. make it "e" ;
2. When posting, replying, editing, etc. the pop-up window is blocked by my Pop-up stopper software. Annoying !
3. I don't find the preview feature when posting.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mahler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andr� Mertens:2. When posting, replying, editing, etc. the pop-up window is blocked by my Pop-up stopper software. Annoying !.

I authorized pop ups from this site, no problem.

Keep up the good work, Don !

Thank you, Saeed and Don.

Happy New Year!

---------------------
"Iraq did Not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there,"
July 2004, Bush

"One of the Hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the War on terror."
-- Bush, September 2006

Posts: 422 | Location: 7th floor | Registered: 25 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
First I just want to say THANK YOU!!! for keeping this great site up!!!!! A lot of info, nice people (usually...) and a lot of time spent....
I've gone through quite a few of the topics that I kept an eye on before the upgrading and also made a few checks back into "history" - there are a lot of posts missing from what I can see. Hopefully this will be easy to correct.
Cheers
K9

-----------------------------
"one does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."

Jose Ortega y Gasset. "Meditations on Hunting".

Posts: 43 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With Quote