Find
Notify
Tools

Tears of the Rhino
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello
I thought I might post this as I was struck by the painting. I think it speaks volumes not only for the Rhino but also Africa in general.
The painting is by Paula Wiegmink who resides in Australia. She is of African stock and was born and raised in the old Rhodesia, lived in South Africa and now in Australia. She has written books on her heritage and is a painter of great talent.
This painting is to be sold at auction at an event run by 'The Rhino Pages' in Durban, South Africa in the near future.
I have pasted some of her email for mambers to understand her thoughts and drive:
"As I started the painting I felt the spirit of this incredible animal and it took on a life of its own. Although confronting it has a strong message, and I hope that it will stir the viewers emotions. I know that this is just a small step but together we all can make a difference. Please share the message as these animals are now in dire straights and will become extinct in our life time, if we can not stop the unecssary killing".

Regards Stu

Posts: 298 | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing Stu

Posts: 24 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 10 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post