New
Find
Notify
Tools

New TV show FYI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just saw an advertisement for a new show on Animal Planet, called Rhino Wars? It is about 4 US servicemen who go to South Africa to fight Rhino poachers. I can't vouch for the quality but I'm going to watch and see and I thought others might be interested. March 7th.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://animal.discovery.com/tv...tleground-rhino-wars

I am sure it will be faked like all TV shows

Posts: 1226 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode and it was ok. Not much action but at the same time it did not seem faked.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw it last night. Some ex SEALS trying to help capture Rhino poachers. They succeeded, however it seemed to me that the local trackers did most of the work. I agree that it did not seem faked. Not exactly an action movie, but then, not much in real life is. They did capture the poachers but I did not see any commentary on the local (RSA) justice system! I did wonder where the ex military guys got all their "hardware" from. I would think that most of that is banned in RSA. BTW, the poachers were using a crossbow on the Rhino!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post