Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Windows 7
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Is it possible to turn off the damned portion of this software that constantly second-guesses what I am typing and puts the wrong word into my text before I even have the word completely typed?

I don't want it to help me unless I ask it to...I just want it to butt out.

If I can turn that feature off, how do I go about doing it?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Yes there is.
Open Internet Explorer and you should see a menu named "Tools" or "Options". you should be able to set your preferences in it.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have opened Internet Explorer, Control Panel, and numerous other possibilities. None appear to have an Options button or a Tools button that has anything to do with my e-mail spelling and syntax-checker.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Turn off the "suggestions" and the "auto-complete" in your email app.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tend to be a better typist and speller so the auto-complete never really bothered me much.

OTOH it asking me every time I click on something if I'm sure I want the computer doing what I just told it to do (or asking if I want the program I just opened making changes to the computer I often scream out loud "No I clicked on the icon to read this stupid question once more!"

It is called UAC, user account control and you must manually turn it off (For instructions how, do a google search for "Turn off user account control"...

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote