Find
Notify
Tools

surveillance cameras
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted
I want to purchase a 4 camera surveillance system. I've found several on the internet for about $500. I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with any of these systems and could point me in the right direction on these.

So far i've found some at x10.com, foscam, 123-ccv.com and several others.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really depends on how much you want to spend. I have experience with the Mobotix IP cameras and am quite satisfied.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was doing a lot of research on systems since I just had a break in on my summer place, it boils down to the more you spend the better off you are, camera has to be in pairs so when the idiots goes to knock out one camera he is picked up on the other. I had surveillance motion detectors and they just got underneath them and knocked them off the house. If you doing it on your house you live in that makes it a little easier since the recorder doesn't have to be so well hidden. What I ws told if the robber knows you have cameras he will wear a hat or a face mask, they suggested the new type game cameras with black light so they don't know That they are getting videoed

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
I tried a set of 4 cameras from X-10. The software is the absolute worst I've ever seen. The wireless range of the cameras is about 15 ft, if there isn't a wall in between. I had used X-10 remote controlled outlets with good success, but the cameras were more like toy quality. If one of the cameras ever went offline, you had to restart all 4 cameras to get any of them to work. I found absolutely no use for these, in any application.

John

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote