New
Find
Notify
Tools

iphone 3gs
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
i received a iphone 3gs on friday, for testing and oservation ... my bb9700 beats it hands DOWN for battery charge life, service coverage, ease of actuallly typing, and voice dialing. the iphone is pretty, great for surfing the web INCONSISTENT interface, keyboard mapping, utterly STUPID that the flick UI doesn't work in the CALENDAR, and you can't use it long ways on the default pages or the settings pages.

coverage is horrible, and if you don't have 2 bars, you can't make a decent quality phone

its a stellar ipod touch, though you still can't control playback speeds of anything except books .. the stuff from itunesU can't be sped up

in short, my 9700 is a business tool, and as much as i want ONE gadget to replace the 4 i normally have on me (phone, camera, usb stick, and ipad), it just won't do

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38381 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called home on mine from the hunting lodge outside of Steenbokpan SA twice with no problems.
I've had AT&T cellphones for ten years, never any service or coverage issues. I was eligible for the upgrade from 3G to 3GS in February, so I got one.
It's just a phone for me, and the young chicks have upgraded me from fossil to old fart at the Harley Shop.

What more can I ask?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
rich, remember, i manage a couple hundred phones, as business tools...

the iphone battry charge lasts fractionally longer than my attention span..

i can't get dialtone on the iphone in my yard, where i was getting great coverage last week on my 9700

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38381 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Wait for the new Iphone leaked by gizmodo looks cool

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote