New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefox browser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I switch to this Firefox browser, what will happen with all the stuff I have been useing with internet explorer?

Photobucket informed me that I had to use firefox in order to use their site as they say my windows 98 with ezplorer 6 wont work anymore

Can I just use the Firefox for photobucketor does my PC totaly get converted to this firefox?

I dont fully understand how things work with my PC, as usually, if I change something it screws up my whole computer and I cant get anything to work, or cant figure out how to get things to work right again

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just switched my mom over from IE to Firefox, which I've been using for a couple of years. When you install it it will ask you if you want to import your bookmarks, passwords, etc. and you just say yes. She is pleased so far. You go into tools and change the preferences the way you would on any other program. Good Luck!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So you have to completely switch your PC over to a new unfamiliar system?

You cant just use it for photobucket and keep the rest of the PC how it is?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding your question exactly. FireFox is just a browser like Internet Explorer. You're not changing your operating system, just installing an additional program. You can use two different browsers if you like, it just seems like it would be a hassle to me to switch back and forth.

Does that make more sense or am I just not getting it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will my desk top page be all different, top Tool bars and Favorites list and all the controls be different? Or will everthing stay the same?

Im just thinking im going to be sitting here for hours wasteing time trying to figure out or trying to learn how to use the new system.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure your browser will have a little different look, but my mom is not computer literate at all and has never used any browser but IE and she was on FireFox that night and never had any problems. I've used Netscape, Safari, FireFox, and Explorer. I find FireFox the friendliest by far.

Why don't you try this. Download it (free). Install it. Play with it for half an hour or so and if you don't like it then you just don't use it except when you have to. When it asks if you want to change your default browser to FireFox, just say no and you shouldn't have any problems. If you decide you like it, the next time you open it it will ask again and you say yes. It won't change anything else about your computer. If you don't click on it you won't even know it's there.

Let me know!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Might have to try it.

I have problems with my PC lately, like pictures wont show sometimes after opening up web links and (for example) the Accurate Reloading hearder pic wont show and the edit control etc wont show once in awhile so I have to shut down and reboot, then every thing works again. Is this a browser problem??
It freezes up sometimes when I open web page links, then I have to reboot and start over. Could all this be fixed with a new browser like foxfire?

Also I have A error popup everytime I start my PC. Its a RunTime error/abnormal program termination that I just have to delete all the time at start up. It is from AOL when I had that internet service. I have never been able to get rid of the pop up. Seems like everytime I change something on my pc or change a service i get unwanted "crap" or "junk" to deal with . Thats my concern about changeing to a new browser, that I will just add more "errors" and maybe freeze ups to my computer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm no where near an expert, but it sounds like you might have to bite the bullet and upgrade to me. If you let it rock on, make sure you have everything backed up because it is most likely going to crash. I would ask someone to take a look at it - soon.

Windows XP was a big change for me, but after I used it a while I really liked it alot more. I didn't like the first Vista versions, but the one out now I like. I'm still switching between my old and new laptops because I don't have everything switched over, but I hope to get that done in the next week or so.

Good Luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My PC is a 10 year old Gateway pentiumIII 450mhz. Hard drive burnt up about 5 years ago so I had to replace the hard drive, then I put more memory chip in it 128 memory plus the 64 that was in it. Didnt realy notice any difference

Didnt have any antivirus on the new hard drive , still dont realy. Just a crapy Macafee I bought, and free downloaded spybot and Adware that I run all the time

Had it in to a Computer shop a couple time cause it was froze up twice. The computer shop guys were real jerk rip offs.

I need a new PC realy.LOL This one is old and a pain in the but. I just milk it as best I can without it totaly freezeing up. I de frag it(kinda works after about 10 tryes) and I use spybot and adware to "decrap" it every day and it is always loaded with viruses or malware, Big GrinBut I just keep deleteing them after I scan it

Rick