New
Find
Notify
Tools

Organizing Favorites...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do I get the favorites in alphabetical order? I have 'em from hell to breakfast-- all jumbled up, no ryhme nor reason in how they list out in my Favorites folder. I want 'em in order. How do I do it?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Click on 'Favorites'; right-click any of your bookmarks, then click 'Sort by Name'.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Another helpful tool for organizing favorites is an application called xmarks.

http://www.xmarks.com/

The best thing about it IMHO is it can synchronize the bookmarks between multiple computers, you log each computer in and it combines them all so you don't need to remember if a certain bookmark was on the laptop or the desktop.

Now having said that, the original application was called "foxmarks" and just last week changed over so I haven't seen what the new and improved version does. If it is too intrusive I'll probably do one more synchronization between all the computers here and then uninstall it for the time being.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Mark...

I tried this yesterday afternoon. It didn't work but I have had nearly fifty hits on my checking account from overseas since I installed it. Now I can't get it off

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a late reply, but I found I can just put the cursor on the particular Favorite and slide it to anywhere in the list I want.

I hope to hell you are pulling our legs, Idaho...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote