Find
Notify
Tools

WINDOWS 7
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Windows 7 --

Every bit as fucked (maybe more so) as Vista.

"Connect To" function is now buried somewhere in "My Computer" or "Control Panel."

-- No, you CAN'T create a shortcut for it.

I spent an hour in CostCo working on an HP laptop w/ Windows 7. I'll be damned if I could figure out how to set up an Admin. Acct.

(And I'm not at all naive when it comes to OS.)

I think maybe I'll look at a Mac.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best thing for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Best thing for you

rotflmo

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the end, this stimulus, just like prior doses, will only worsen the condition it is meant to cure. When it wears off, the resulting recession will be even bigger than the one that everyone assumes has just ended. Until the impulse to fight recessions with government stimulus is quashed, genuine economic growth will never return. A string of ever-worsening recessions will eventually lead to what will be the next Great (Inflationary) Depression. But for now, enjoy the bubbly.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/schiff/schiff54.1.html

John Maynard Keynes --

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wm.S.Ladd:
Windows 7 --

Every bit as fucked (maybe more so) as Vista.

"Connect To" function is now buried somewhere in "My Computer" or "Control Panel."

-- No, you CAN'T create a shortcut for it.

I spent an hour in CostCo working on an HP laptop w/ Windows 7. I'll be damned if I could figure out how to set up an Admin. Acct.

(And I'm not at all naive when it comes to OS.)

I think maybe I'll look at a Mac.

Why in the hell would you think a Costco display would let you setup an Admin account?

The damn things are in Demo mode stupid!

As far as a shortcut to the Connect function Make a C++ script to open the socket and place a shortcut on the desktop.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Buy a mac and avoid the fuss

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep! The Mac is so easy you can watch Barney the Purple Dinosaur cartoons while you're coloring between the lines with your Crayolas ... the Mac will take care of everything for you.

Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote