Notify
Tools

Ripping movie DVDs to hard drive or USB drive
 Login/Join

posted
What is the preferred output format?

Thanks,
George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I was going to ask this question but I'll just piggyback onto here.

We have a bunch of DVDs and an equally large amount of VHS tapes that are boxed up and have been for a few years. I'd like to get a 2TB drive and just copy everything to that so not only is it archived but I'll actually know what all I have and can find it.

Is there a preferred software that I should use for all this? I am thinking it might be nice to have the drive be external and software loaded on the drive so it could be moved between computers but I am a bit behind the times as to how best to accomplish this.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7760 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I ended up using CloneDVD and AnyDVD to back up my DVDs to an SDHC card, but they will work with a portable hard drive.

For the VHS tapes, you will need a video capture device; eBay has a lot of them, and most come with the transfer software.

See also my other thread on this.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

If you wish to rip BluRay disk to your hard disk, DVDFab is the program to use.

It will convert the BDs to MP4, which reduces the file size quite a bit, and one can use any storage device to view them on the computer.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66867 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote