Find
Notify
Tools

Turbo Internet Upgrade
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
I noticed on my Time Warner statement that I'm being charged for a "Turby Internet Upgrade" which gets me 20 bps as opposed to a lower 15 bps per the lady I talked to.

What I want to know is, does the extra 5 bps really provide a noticible enhancement of performance or is it just hype? I don't do any gameing but do look at videos online and also use Roku.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
I noticed on my Time Warner statement that I'm being charged for a "Turby Internet Upgrade" which gets me 20 bps as opposed to a lower 15 bps per the lady I talked to.

What I want to know is, does the extra 5 bps really provide a noticible enhancement of performance or is it just hype? I don't do any gameing but do look at videos online and also use Roku.

Jump from 15 to 20 mbps probably won't make much difference. Reliability and consistency are a bigger deal. Do a few speed tests and see what you're actually getting. I have TW and they upgraded my hood from 150 to 300 at no charge. The diff was impressive. I'm running a half dozen apps and a few other goodies.

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote