The Accurate Reloading Forums
Emails accross the international date line?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6911043/m/239100389

09 December 2008, 03:34
TheBigGuy
Emails accross the international date line?
Maybe it's just a Thunderbird issue. But if I email someone accross the international dateline (ie. New Zealand) their replies mysteriously disappear. Only thing I can figure is when they reply today their messages are dated tomorrow. The software buries these messages somewhere. I have had no luck figuring out where yet. If I catch the message right when it comes in fine. But I had better print and save it or later it simply disappears.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
11 December 2008, 22:16
Wink
I suggest sending it the other way around the earth, thereby avoiding that pesky dateline.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.
17 December 2008, 19:48
SGraves155
Spammers got to dating their solicitations at future dates so that they would show up at the top of your IN Box. I suspect your e-mail program has an option to throw all post-dated emails into SPAM. That's just my guess. Check your SPAM filters and SPAM Box.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09
18 December 2008, 20:09
TheBigGuy
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Spammers got to dating their solicitations at future dates so that they would show up at the top of your IN Box. I suspect your e-mail program has an option to throw all post-dated emails into SPAM. That's just my guess. Check your SPAM filters and SPAM Box.

Thanks, I checked the filters no replies in there... yet.

I think you've got a very valid point about SPAM filter interference. I didn't think about the date issue being a SPAM flag but it sure could be.

Thank you.
05 March 2009, 12:00
Allan DeGroot
USUALLY if the senders adress of an e-mail is an adress that's identical to an adress stored in your "adress book"
spam filters are automatically bypassed.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984