Find
Notify
Tools

Windows 10??????????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Anyone out there have a problem with the new Windows 10 opperating system?

My old lap top died and I bought a new one with the Widows 10 system and when Microwsoft did an up date on my computer it locked my computer out of my Y-fi and no matter what I do it will not take it even though it shows to be live. I must say I surely do not like this system. Being computer illeterate doesn't help though.

................................................................... Mad

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Mac
My wife upgraded to W10 to escape W8 and though she is a VERY experienced user, there have been some problems as always seems to be the case with new Windows releases.
The other day, an update disabled her wireless acces to her printer and she had to delete all printers and set up her printer again? and now it works fine???
I am still on W7 and am no help to her or you at all. You might try the same thing with your WiFi parameters or talk to some experienced W10 user. Good luck.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Mac
My wife upgraded to W10 to escape W8 and though she is a VERY experienced user, there have been some problems as always seems to be the case with new Windows releases.
The other day, an update disabled her wireless acces to her printer and she had to delete all printers and set up her printer again? and now it works fine???
I am still on W7 and am no help to her or you at all. You might try the same thing with your WiFi parameters or talk to some experienced W10 user. Good luck.

Thanks! I really don't like this system and as I said I'm lost beyond posting on the web. My youngest son set this thing up for me and everything was working fine till the up-date. My old desk computer is so slow that it is a pain to use. The lap-top that I had was a really nice one but the case broke at the hendge disabling the battery and all my info for all my computers is in it and I cant get any of the info out of it. All my printer, and y-fi info is in that thing. Hundreds of pictures and folders are stored in Office in that computer. The problem is all my kids live all over the state and are rarely here so I'm simply stuck till I can get it straightened out!
.................................................................Windows 10 Mad

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Hi Mac,

Take your old computer to a computer shop and have them transfer your data to a external hard drive.

Second if you like windows 7 you can still purchase computer with this system.

Windows 10 was a bugger for my wife and we just reinstalled windows 7 in her computer and had to have Microsoft reinstall office works.

I am not sure what to do to assist you, do you have the ability to land line into your router so you are able to get on the internet. It helps to have a second computer near to do your google searches to help make repairs. if you call Microsoft help desk make sure you have a speaker phone and pen and pad near by to copy instructions and follow what they do until they are able to take control of your computer and make the needed repairs to get you up and running.

Good luck

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Windows 10 should be avoided for a while Frowner

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I bought a laptop with windows 8 on it. Windows 8 was nothing but problems. But I got a free upgrade to Windows 10 and made the switch.

Windows 10 is very different from Windows XP which I still have on two desktops and one laptop. But after getting used to it, it does just fine. I prefer Windows 2000 or Windows XP but nothing major supports those anymore, especially browsers.

I say, make the leap!

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Windex or a caulking gun won't fix any windows problem, I'm at a total loss.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help guys! My youngest son came by today and worked for about an hour and got me working again!

My broken lap top is going to a shop to have the data sent to an external drive as was suggested by Bwana338. I have ton of data in that laptop, and I hate to loose all the articles I've written and pictures in that computer! Thanks again guys
............................................................................... tu2

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
If Windex or a caulking gun won't fix any windows problem, I'm at a total loss.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jumping tu2

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
For a reasonable price you can buy a backup device that has a very large drive on it, attaches via USB, and can be scheduled to backup at regular intervals. You can get a 1 Terabyte device for about $60 and a 4 Terabyte device for about $125.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Thanks for your help guys! My youngest son came by today and worked for about an hour and got me working again!

My broken lap top is going to a shop to have the data sent to an external drive as was suggested by Bwana338. I have ton of data in that laptop, and I hate to loose all the articles I've written and pictures in that computer! Thanks again guys
............................................................................... tu2
Mac,

Just have them pull the hard drive and install it in a slave case. Then you can connect the slave case/drive to your computer via USB and have access to your files and photos.

I do that with all of my old drives pulled from outdated or broken computers.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capoward:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

Mac,

Just have them pull the hard drive and install it in a slave case. Then you can connect the slave case/drive to your computer via USB and have access to your files and photos.

I do that with all of my old drives pulled from outdated or broken computers.

Thanks Jim! fix noted!
..................................................................... old

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith