New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Windows 10 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a bunch of Toshibas that are 8.1. Have created the flash drives for W10, which goes through the same stuff but saves the download time.

For different reasons I do a full reformat/reinstall fairly often. If I do it now then the Toshibas with W10 go back to "as from factory" with 8.1. Then I bring them back to W10 with the flash drive and this leaves all the files/applications etc.

Now my question. After the free period ends, about June/July next year, if I reformat/reinstall will my computer still go back to 8.1 and will the flash drive still bring it back to W10. My feeling is that will happen but I am not sure.

Have searched Google high and wide. Also posted on Microsoft's forum but they don't seem to be getting the question. Maybe because they are all Indians.

I have no interest in a clean install as that will wipe everything out.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ote]Have searched Google high and wide. Also posted on Microsoft's forum but they don't seem to be getting the question. Maybe because they are all Indians.

Extremely poor taste!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
quote:
ote]Have searched Google high and wide. Also posted on Microsoft's forum but they don't seem to be getting the question. Maybe because they are all Indians.

Extremely poor taste!

Sadly, I had to deal with an Apple support in India, and he was an utterly clueless idiot!
I know many companies here have given up using support centers in India, because of very poor service.

This is no reflection on Indians at all.

It is due to those running these companies who pick cheap unqualified idiots to deal with customers.

Most of the support personals we deal with locally are Indians, and they are exceptionally well teained and do a great job.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I worked for Burroughs many years ago I met and worked with several TATA folks. ALL very knowledgeable and very helpful. I tend to agree with Saeed.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael McGuire:
I have a bunch of Toshibas that are 8.1. Have created the flash drives for W10, which goes through the same stuff but saves the download time.

For different reasons I do a full reformat/reinstall fairly often. If I do it now then the Toshibas with W10 go back to "as from factory" with 8.1. Then I bring them back to W10 with the flash drive and this leaves all the files/applications etc.

Now my question. After the free period ends, about June/July next year, if I reformat/reinstall will my computer still go back to 8.1 and will the flash drive still bring it back to W10. My feeling is that will happen but I am not sure.

Have searched Google high and wide. Also posted on Microsoft's forum but they don't seem to be getting the question. Maybe because they are all Indians.

I have no interest in a clean install as that will wipe everything out.
For what reason do you reformat and reinstall your operating system so often?

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I believe you have the option to install a backup/full recovery image of 10 on a hidden partition of the disk, similar to what Toshiba originally installed for 8.1.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote