Notify
Tools

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted
It's worth a look.

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition is a self contained, full featured version of Firefox. I've been running it for a week and I can't tell the difference between portable Firefox and regular Firefox. It's very robust and hasn't hiccuped or crashed.

Because it's self contained it doesn't leaves tracks in the operating system.

I'm running it on two machines. Takes a bit longer to open but once running it's just as fast as regular Firefox. Not as bloated either.
The party piece of Portable Firefox is it can be copied to a flash drive and ran on any computer.

I almost forgot, it's free.

http://portableapps.com/apps/i...net/firefox_portable

And no, I don't have anything to do with the developers of this software.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
On the subject of portable applications, there is a website:

http://portableapps.com/

That has a ton of portable applications. You can fit them on an old USB drive and pretty much carry your home office with you.

I use Firefox as my primary browser, but another browser I like is Opera, as it can be optimized in a few different ways to accommodate for slow connections. If you have a laptop or netbook for travel I really really suggest loading a copy on it and optimize it for slow connections. Then when you get stuck somewhere with sub-dialup speeds you can at least still have a useable system.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7760 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote