THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    A nice Reamer from pacific tool and gauge.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A nice Reamer from pacific tool and gauge.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 140 fresh 6.5 x 65 RWS pieces of brass. Not sure why. Saw a little advert that said PT&G had the reamer and go gauge on hand for $159.00 nd $38.00 respectively. I'll do my best to have it made into something accurate, like a 6.5 Creedmoor with some oomph. This is only a worthwhile project for use with the 140-grain bullets. Do you'all recommend a 1:9" twist rate, or maybe 1:8.5"

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Your post came across as blah bla bla.....words.

Who is the Redhead?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Your post came across as blah bla bla.....words.

Who is the Redhead?
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Words? What words? I saw just the picture rotflmo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is the Redhead?
By golly, she DOES have hair! And it is red!

How did I miss that?

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
"A nice REAMER from Pacific TOOL and Gauge"....

I'll make my own way out ... diggin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentleman

Please do not post photos of naked women.

You want to see that sort of thing there many websites on the net that offer it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
With the heavies, at least an 8" twist.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

+1

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
quote:

+1

Not sure if you all looked but she has clothes on.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
quote:

+1

Not sure if you all looked but she has clothes on.
Yeah, well, there's that . . . jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
The illustration displayed was PAINTED in 1944, and published in a mainstream monthly magazine. The young lady was first depicted on the nose art of a B-24 Liberator. The painted and airbrushed depiction passed muster with the censors of 1944. no genitalia were depicted.

I have never, and will never post a picture of naked female on the site, as I have none of those on my computer.

pd999, Did you view the thumbnail in question? Did you not see that it was painted and airbrushed illustration? Or, did you you just post a +1 based on Saeed's post?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on the twist rate, mike.

Elizabeth Garner was a WASP Pilot. She flew all the planes in our Inventory from factory to near the front lines.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
8 twist is the way to go with 140's+/-. Even the 130's shoot great out of my 1 in 8" twist in the standard old Creedmoor.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
pd999, Did you view the thumbnail in question? Did you not see that it was painted and airbrushed illustration? Or, did you you just post a +1 based on Saeed's post?

Didn't see your picture (I presume it was removed); just agreeing with Saeed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the future, please do not pile on, and in doing so, harm someone's reputation, unless you have primary knowledge of the issue at hand.

Not good to rumor monger. Saeed is a great guy, but no one is infallible.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My thanks to everyone who recommended the 1:8" twist. I believe this cartridge is the maximum sensible amount of propellant for the 6.5 mm projectile of 140 grains. i have dta for the cartridge. It is similar to the 6.5-06.

American Horse

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Lawndart, I was simply agreeing with Saeed's comment to not post pictures of naked women.
This was not referenced to any picture that you may have posted, but which is now removed.
My comment was a stand-alone statement; you're jumping to the wrong conclusion. Good day.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
No picture was removed, his post stands as it was originally posted.
You jumped on the bandwagon wagging your finger and never even saw it? That's not much of an excuse.

On the other hand the 1 in 8 should serve you well I am running a 1 in 8.5 on my 6.5x55 and it is pinpoint accurate with 140 Sierra Matchkings and 120 grain bullets of several varieties flat base, SPBT's and Matchkings.
Good luck with your project.

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
No picture was removed...

I've privately been sent the picture that was removed. Now who's jumping on the bandwagon?
To put this to rest please do liase directly with the moderators before attacking the contributors.
Checking facts before wagging your own finger would avoid confusion in the future. Good day.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I was the first to comment on the thread if you notice and the thread is absolutely the same as the moment I commented on it.
An inncocent picture of a pretty redhead looking up.
I'm not sure what you think you saw, oh wait you didn't see it you just jumped "on". Now you have a removed picture? That is interesting considering the fact above.

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now you have a removed picture?

We obviously have crossed wires.
Lawndart can confirm that the removed picture in question has 'In For A Tanning' in the bottom right hand corner, not the redhead.
This removed picture was forwarded to me by other AR contributors, after seeing your understandably confused comments to me.
As previously stated, the issue Lawndart has is with whoever removed, or forced to remove, this particular picture, and not with me.
I stand by my affirmative to Saeed's statement, to not see photos of naked women on AR. Maybe you disagree; your lifestyle choice.
Please get your facts right before engaging your keyboard; and maybe try contacting Lawndart to confirm my statements. Good day.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stand by my affirmative to Saeed's statement, to not see photos of naked women on AR. Maybe you disagree; your lifestyle choice.Please get your facts right before engaging your keyboard; and maybe try contacting Lawndart to confirm my statements. Good day.

I see so you are so incensed viewing pictures of naked women on the internet that you are now in possession of this ungodly example of the feminine form...
You sound like the biggest hypocrite on the planet and have no business attempting to talk down to me, you are pathetic sucking up to the boss, and saving inappropriate photos from the internet while talking down to people that posted it. Look in the mirror the problem is you.
Good Day.

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good Day.
Good day wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lawndart,

I read your post and you said you bought a reamer and gauges for a 6.5X65?

I've had two of them and if they have the standard RWS leade angles and throat they won't shoot the long 140's+ at all. And you'll end with pressure spikes at the drop of a hat.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had two of them and if they have the standard RWS leade angles and throat they won't shoot the long 140's+ at all. And you'll end with pressure spikes at the drop of a hat.

Finally, nice to have this thread back on track.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jesus kids,

There was NO PHOTOGRAPH. It was a painting, and very chaste at that. It is called art, and was not prurient in the least. It was also a check to see if ISS is still stalking me.

BREAK, BREAK. Thanks for the comments on the throat. I plan to have the throat portion re-ground to accommodate 140-grain bullets. I hate C.I.P. throats.

Ballerina, Barcelona, 1935