posted
Here it is....

wal-mart buy

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, it's slobs like that that are screwing up the flow of ammo and components to the rest of the people. Obviously, he thought he was quite cute.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
The last time I saw 22 ammo (about a month ago) I felt guilty about buying two bricks when I already had a brick at home that I have had for 10 years.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
This is why there is a shortage. There are people out there with 40 and 50K rounds of .22LR, waiting for the apocalypse, and they keep buying more every chance they get.

Then the folks that want maybe 500 rounds on hand can't find any.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, because it it cheap compared to center fire, it is being hoarded by everyone; and is a game in which even poor people can pick up several hundreds of rounds and play. I see it here too. I was in Gander the other day and a guy had his wife, daughter, and mother in there buying ammo for him. All lined up like ducks in a row.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
F-ing ridiculous. All I would like is two bricks so I can shoot this year. People ARE hoarding it. The guy posting in that thread is apparently just moved to Anchorage. He's got better intel than I do. I was in a local gun shop and we were all lamenting we aren't hooked into the social media intel - apparently it was posted on some known Facebook page (to others) that 22LR was going to be in stock at Wally World.

This guy must have been one of them.

I got lucky and found one brick of low grade remington the other day. And it will be shot, not stored for doomsday prepper bartering.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At my local Walmart; I've not seen ONE box of any .22 rimfires (long rifle or else) since April of 2013!! Glad I bought several boxes of 100 CCI Mini-Mag .22 LRHPs back in 2007 @ $3.75/box of 100. Wink

David

Posts: 332 | Location: Backwoods Of Kentucky | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I don't know what is the most disturbing part of that thread. The "hoarding" and over buying is pretty sickening but the other disturbing thing is no shop around here has had anything but 6-8 boxes of .22 rounds at a time, each customer limited to 3 ammunition item purchases per day. When store opens first 2 customers wipe them out. How does one Walmart get that much ammo and another region never see's more than 6-8 boxes at a time and they never know whats coming until they open the freight that day?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
yeah, it's slobs like that that are screwing up the flow of ammo and components to the rest of the people. Obviously, he thought he was quite cute.

The good thing is that jackwagon will probably still have all of that when things clear up and its worth 20 bucks again.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not the only dickhead out there doing a little scalping.. There is a Cabelas opening up in Anchorage, Wal-Mart seems to have brought in ammo to compete..

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I hear in Canada, 22 ammo is everywhere same as any other year. No hoarding there. Can anyone confirm?

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda looks like there is no shortage up there:

http://forums.outdoorsdirector...o-shortage-in-Canada

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I normally shoot about a case a year.

I try to buy in large amounts. Luckily for me I purchased on sale before this craziness happen.

By cutting back on my shooting I been able to stretch my supply.

I been waiting for supplies to get back to normally.

Well I am shooting less and less just to maintain a little bit of practice.

If it continues I need to stop shooting to just have some for game hunting.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have lots of .22 ammo...should last me for a long time. Some folks learning curve is very long,for some folks short. Bought a bunch after 93 assault weapons ban , shortages of hi-cap mags then. Ban ended in 2003, there was a run on everything back then. Obama takes office....same thing....Sandy hook, shortages again. If you were around for any of these events then who would feel sorry for you cause you cant find .22 ammo. I have a feeling the same folks will be caught short in the next event.....Remember...learning curve !

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutt:
I have lots of .22 ammo...should last me for a long time. Some folks learning curve is very long,for some folks short. Bought a bunch after 93 assault weapons ban , shortages of hi-cap mags then. Ban ended in 2003, there was a run on everything back then. Obama takes office....same thing....Sandy hook, shortages again. If you were around for any of these events then who would feel sorry for you cause you cant find .22 ammo. I have a feeling the same folks will be caught short in the next even.....Remember...learning curve !

So your saying we all should panic buy?

The people who need to learn is the hoarders.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, horseshit, hoarders are not doing anything wrong. You may not like it, but that's tough. I suppose next you'll be calling for laws limiting how much ammo someone can buy/own? Eventually they will likely be a source of cheap ammo. Smiler

AFA the couple in the opening film clip goes, I'm sure they are probably re-selling it. I don't approve of their tactics, but they are simply using American ingenuity to make a few bucks.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

Well, horseshit, hoarders are not doing anything wrong. You may not like it, but that's tough. I suppose next you'll be calling for laws limiting how much ammo someone can buy/own? Eventually they will likely be a source of cheap ammo. Smiler

AFA the couple in the opening film clip goes, I'm sure they are probably re-selling it. I don't approve of their tactics, but they are simply using American ingenuity to make a few bucks.

Not ingenuity...GREED.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
During The first gulf war, primers and 223 ammo were next to impossible to find. Then, supplies increased. So I purchased them. Does that make me a hoarder or a planner ? I do not intend to sell any, but I darn sure like having them. My Godson and I burn a brick of 22s--each--- when I take him to the range. Am I a hoarder b/c I planned ahead for future outings ? I think not. It is not for sale, even at a profit .I simply planned for the future.
By the way, there is a good write up on this topic on 6mmbr.com with some actual(non dc) math that presents some meaningful numbers regarding the shortage.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The same thing happened here at Cabelas a couple weeks ago, except you were only allowed one brick, and it was a five hour sale. Doors open at 8:00, but the first guy in line was there at 1:30AM to get that one brick. They had people watching the registers to make sure you didn't go through twice (or more).

I didn't even bother. Sold out in an hour.

If you REALLY want some, these guys have it, but it is $99 per 525 rounds.

Patriot Arms

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the 22 lr Remington to buy - $539 for 6300 rounds at shoot straight in orlando. I have no interest paying 9 cents a round.

This shortage is plain stupid. People can hoard all the ammo they want. No one is coming and taking away their 22 lr.

Buying from walmmart paying sales tax and then trying to resell will get to be expensive when the bubble goes away. May take 2-3 years but 22 lr have been around for a long time and does not look like copper is going to 4 plus a pound till china starts growing at 10 percent again.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Killartist:
During The first gulf war, primers and 223 ammo were next to impossible to find. Then, supplies increased. So I purchased them. Does that make me a hoarder or a planner ? I do not intend to sell any, but I darn sure like having them. My Godson and I burn a brick of 22s--each--- when I take him to the range. Am I a hoarder b/c I planned ahead for future outings ? I think not. It is not for sale, even at a profit .I simply planned for the future.
By the way, there is a good write up on this topic on 6mmbr.com with some actual(non dc) math that presents some meaningful numbers regarding the shortage.

Do you have a link to the 6mmbr article? I searched but could not find it.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I read the thread in the forum. Interesting, I like the post saying that the ups and downs of ammo availability due to mood swings of every excuse have been happening since 68.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
One local store here just got a supply of Federal 210M and 215M primers. I haven't seen any of these for nearly 4 years.

Two years ago all the AR-15's were gone now they sell them everywhere again.

Maybe 22 ammo will come back as well.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 boxes of 550. They can sit on the shelf and we'll plink with air rifles until these stupid a-holes stop hoarding. A few can get shot up for actual rabbit & squirrel duty. I hope, that in the spirit of capitalism, they get caught with their pants down when the bubble bursts and lose their asses.

Posts: 15867 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

Not ingenuity...GREED.

Nothing wrong with greed, and no law against it that I know of.

For those who don't or can't plan ahead, do without. This too shall pass.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I still have 10 or more bricks which I bought on sale at Bi-Mart for $9.99 a brick. I don't shoot a lot of .22 LR, but when I want some I don't have to drive an extra 17 miles each way to town to get any. And I have never seen a year when I didn't shoot 3 or 4 hundred until my recent health problems.

It is typical of a truly free country that persons who have the money and the urge can stock up in advance...and that people who didn't have one or the other grab every opportunity to bad-mouth them.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Freedom is the right to plan and do what one thinks is best for himself, whether it is stocking up for bad times (or for one's own convenience), or being the grasshopper who doesn't plan his life more than to the end of the week and resents the ant which did.

Still a great country the U.S.A....

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
I have 3 boxes of 550. They can sit on the shelf and we'll plink with air rifles until these stupid a-holes stop hoarding. A few can get shot up for actual rabbit & squirrel duty. I hope, that in the spirit of capitalism, they get caught with their pants down when the bubble bursts and lose their asses.

That's some of the most stupid things I have ever heard. If someone wants to buy 22 ammo at a price you are not willing to pay than shut up and shoot the air rifle. You guys need to quite blaming the fact that you don't have ammo on everybody else. I bought a few cases many years ago and nobody was calling me a hoarder than.

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Del Prater:
quote:

That's some of the most stupid things I have ever heard. If someone wants to buy 22 ammo at a price you are not willing to pay than shut up and shoot the air rifle. You guys need to quite blaming the fact that you don't have ammo on everybody else. I bought a few cases many years ago and nobody was calling me a hoarder than.

Thats because other people weren't hoarding at that time-

The problem isn't buying in bulk--its hoarding when supply is short.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This a world of a cellphone in one hand and a bottle of water in the other, and all kinds of shit I find just as silly. How is stockpiling or "hoarding" any different then what is going on in the USA?
I use a lot of 22 rf ammo shooting pests. I have always bought ammo when I found a good deal, so when this shortage came about, it didn't affect me. I can't watch out for everyone else who doesn't think ahead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Russell:
quote:
Originally posted by Del Prater:
quote:

Thats because other people weren't hoarding at that time-

The problem isn't buying in bulk--its hoarding when supply is short.

Guys you better face the facts that is is going to cost more to shoot. You can decide to shoot or decide that you are going to show all the so call hoarders by stop shooting. Than again you can try to wait it out and bitch about the price. Hey I got a ten speed bike I will sell you. The price of gas has continued to increase we should all start riding bikes or walking.

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:
I hear in Canada, 22 ammo is everywhere same as any other year. No hoarding there. Can anyone confirm?

No, ours comes from down your way. Lots of complaints. Same with reloading components, about impossible to find any powders. Life's a Bitch.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hoardings not as big a problem where i live as reselling is. The same people are lined up at the walmart door EVERY morning. It is a race to the sporting goods dept just to see if a truck came in. Then its a race to the sporting goods stores to sell to them because they cant get them. Bricks and boxes of 555 that they buy for 25.00 resell for 50.00 to dealers. Then they sell them for 80.00. Its even worse at gun shows here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Local radio station had a local gunshop ad for 22 rimfire ammo. NEPA Haven't been following things localy.

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
A bunch of .17 showed up here this week.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came home with 4 gal of spring water to put in the basement for the next time the electric goes out....my daughter yells "hoarder" at me. My g-parents had shelves filled with canned goods for 2 people and no-one ever cared. I have 3 teenagers and only a small pantry half stocked and I'm concerned that I'm not as smart as my g-parents.....what lesson did they learn to keep so much food?...and how hard did they learn the lesson that their habits continued into their 90's

I think we are seeing the throw-away generation jaded to think that the shelves will ALWAYS be full. I bought 7K rounds of 22lr but have sold 3K to friends and family at cost because they didn't hit the store like I did...but it took 2 months of stopping at every store everyday. The TV series Doomsday Preppers has done alot to make people scared, I do see a practical reason for stocking up and that is absolutly the most likely thing to happen....UNEMPLOYMNET

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I started stocking large rifle primers now that they are back in town. Nothing crazy just a couple hundred a week.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two weeks before Newtown I ordered 10k Fed bulk packs that ended up costing 3.2 cents/pop shipped to my door. It arrived a couple days before the infamous school shooting. That brought my .22 rf inventory to 55k.

So I guess I'm one of those guys some like to hate. But I am involved with a youth group sponsored by our church. The focus is on kids without dads. We go through about 300-400 rds per session. We also burn alot of ammo through my NFA toys - one of which has a .22 kit. So my inventory of 5.56 and 9mm is, similarly, more than most would consider reasonable. When shooting 4k rounds over a weekend is just "showing up" having 30k in stock is nothing to brag about, and definitely not hoarding.

FWIW, I have not purchased a single round of .22rf since Newtown. But I would buy more right now if prices were anywhere near what they should be (allowing for some inflation). 5.56 and 9mm are approaching "normal". .22rf.......not so.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Yippee I scored today at Walmart!
They had 4 boxes of Remington 22 LR in the 525 round boxes, limit one per customer so I got one.
In the last 2+ years I've only found .22 ammo for sale locally 3 times and each time the purchase was limited to 1-3 boxes per person.
I talked to the Walmart clerk about the quantity of ammo shown in the Anchorage Walmart in the above link by the OP and he was in utter disbelief how any one store could get so much and others can't get even a bare minimum.
It's just not coming here in any appreciable quantities so it makes even non shooters want to get in on it when they see some for sale.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....what lesson did they learn to keep so much food?...and how hard did they learn the lesson that their habits continued into their 90's

They learned that food was hard to come by my grand parents made a trip into town in the fall for basic supplies didn't go back until the snow left.

My dad learned during WWII that ammo can be hard to come by he was able to buy just five rounds for his 30-30 as the dealer split the box so others could hunt also.

There are times of plenty and times things are not I learned it is reasonable to have supplies on hand.

I would have a serious talk with your daughters about the facts of life like what it is like to be hungry ect.

They might be hard to convince in this country now with its abundance.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote