New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scoping a CZ Hornet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just purchased a LUX and some medium QD Warne rings. I will be using the rifle as a walking around play thing. Hoping for some ideas on a scope aesthetically appropriate for the rifle.

Thoughts appreciated.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold 2-7 power

Posts: 109 | Location: Nunavut CANADA | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I have more than a couple of cz 527 rifles. My favorite scopes for them were the Burris Mini series or the Leupold Compact. But the Leupy 2-7x32 or 28 work nicely too. Sadly, most "Current" scopes are larger than needed for these petite rifles.

My CZ Hornet wears an older Bushnell 3-8, it's light, compact, and gets the job done.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4857 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1 3/4-5 Burris Fullfield worked well on mime. Lost the rifle but still have the scope (if you are interested).

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1045 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2.5-8x36 vx3

Posts: 85 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Second vote for the Leupold Compacts. Dainty little scopes.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
So, what would be the reply if one wanted to put one of the Leupold Compacts on a Sako .222? What kind of recoil abuse are these petite scopes designed to handle, rim-fire only, or small caliber center-fire inclusive?
Thanks,
Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2x7 or 3x9 Leupold compact is about perfect..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41782 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have them on my 222 SAko L-46 and my 6x45 Sako custom..They are as tough as any scope on the market, pure quality..and affordable..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41782 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, that's the affirmation for which I was hoping.
Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Leupold 3-9x Compact is my favorite......on all of my "small" rifles, built on the Sako L461/AI action.

For a looooong time......

Friend Of The 17.....and 20
Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could not find any Leupold Compact scopes so I went with a new 2.5 X 8 Leupy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Large heavy scopes on nice clean trim rifles turns me off bigtime..in fact big ugly scopes in general on any gun leave me cold..and sure don't add anything too a nice rifle..but Im a hunter and Im sure the uglys are fine for target and Long range shooting..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120