THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Years later....the old Mossberg

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Years later....the old Mossberg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With a horrible shoulder problem years ago, I stopped shooting centerfires. Even the smaller stuff. I was reloading .223, .22-250, .243, .25-06, .257 Roberts, .270, and .30-06. I gave the rifles, every one, to my sons, except for one. I had a 1973 Mossberg .22-250 with a bull bbl that I got from a buddy of mine who fell on hard times. It was my favorite target rifle, and I had many offers for it. I sent it to a gunsmith in Arizona or New Mex, I seriously don't remember, and had it customized. Jewelled the bolt, fluted the bbl, all that. One of my best friends has a son, now 28, who is an avid collector, spends quite a bit on medium priced guns, and has never sold or traded any gun. And never will. I gave him the Mossberg, thinking it would have a good home. His dad bought my .257 Ruger. I saw him for the 1st time in a couple of years over the weekend & he claims it is still reigning as the most accurate gun he's ever even held. I think it was about 250 bucks brand new 48 years ago, bought at a hardware store. Amazing to me.

Posts: 15862 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a Mossberg 800V,,the heavy bbl Varmit grade. No sights but had scope blocks from the factory.
22-250 and I think 243 caliber.

Decent rifles.
Sounds like yours has had quite a life!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mossbergs are biebs favorites - he often dreams of them at night rather than having sex

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kind of remember it as an 800CVT. It was a very strong action that was used by a custom builder back then called Pederson, he thought so highly of it. I'm not sorry I parted with it the way I did and am pleased with it's home, but every now & then I spot a coyote across the field out back........

Posts: 15862 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote