THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Cabela's Bulk Factory .223 Ammo

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabela's Bulk Factory .223 Ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

I was looking for my "regular" .223 bulk ammo - Winchester's "White Box" 45 grs HP stuff. Sadly, none of my regular (Web-based) suppliers (Cabela's or Cheaper than Dirt) seem to have any in stock...

So I looked at the bulk .223 ammo Cabela's sells - like this stuff: Cabela's .223 Bulk Ammo, 55 grs V-Max...

Has anybody tried this ammo?? Who makes it, and how has it shot in your rifle?? Any quality problems?? Who makes the brass, and how is the quality?? Reloadable, I take it?? What is the headstamp?? Crimped primer pockets - probably not?? Decent brass??

Cabela's also seem to sell versions of this ammo with a 55 grs SP or a Speer 52 grs HP. If you care to share any experience with either, that would be much appreciated also...

Any other ideas for affordable, decent quality, reloadable .223 ammo?? Pity the White Box stuff seems to be scarce these days??

- mike

P.S. I just spotted the word "remanufactured" in Cabela's description of this ammo. I think I just lost interest in this bulk ammo....

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote