New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer 100 .222 Rem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought the very last one Euro Optic had about 18 mos ago. I thought that the .222 Rem was D/C'd from the Sauer line. Euro Optic has the Sauer 100 listed as back ordered. If you're interested in a .222 Rem, you might want to see if you can get your name of a list.

For the price, my Sauer 100 .222 Rem is extremely accurate and reliable It has an adjustable trigger. It does have a modified magazine, but I have lived with it quite comfortable.

The .222 Rem is becoming extremely difficult to find. That's sad because it's a great a cartridge as it's ever been. Maybe even better.

Posts: 206 | Location: So Cal | Registered: 03 November 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The .222 Rem is becoming extremely difficult to find. That's sad because it's a great a cartridge as it's ever been. Maybe even better.

I find a lot of .222's available, especially in used Sakos, or Marlins, Sears, Berettas, Brownings, and H&R's made on the Sako action. Because everyone seems to want a .223, the .222's go for relatively attractive prices. Some of them are built on the original Sako L46, which is a good little action, while others are built on the Sako L461, which I regard as the Royal Princess of bolt actions.

And I'll agree that the grand .222 has become increasingly overlooked among the centerfire .22's. Loaded to the same pressures (which there is no reason not to do in modern bolt rifles) it is only about 100 fps behind the .223. Also, after working with dozens of both .222's and .223's, it is easier to achieve knife-edge accuracy with the .222.

Long live the Triple Deuce.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My great nephew took his first deer this past season with a Remington 600 in .222. I have a cut-off stock for it for youth and the original uncut stock so I can change it back. My grandson took several deer with it when he was growing up. Great round.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote