THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Ruger American Predator 223 mag conversion from AR-15 to AI mags?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Predator 223 mag conversion from AR-15 to AI mags?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m drinking the 223 cool-aid. I’ve been a 222 shooter for 25 years, or so. I’m not moving on from it, but I want to play with a couple of 1:8” twist 223 guns with 77gr Sierra MK’s. Seems like both the Tikka T3X and the Ruger American require magazine upgrades to allow me to seat bullets to kiss the lands (which is where I usually like to start load development). The Ruger American predator I just bought uses AR mags. Is it true that Ruger will sell me a replacement AICS magwell, and I could then use their proprietary 204 Ruger mags, which allow 2.5” OAL? Any recommendations on a cheek riser and ways to stiffen up the forend?
Thanks

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any recommendations on a cheek riser and ways to stiffen up the forend?

Don't know about the check riser but.

I use accu-glass and metal coat hanger rods to stiffen the fore ends on several Savage stocks.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Any recommendations on a cheek riser and ways to stiffen up the forend?

Don't know about the check riser but.

I use accu-glass and metal coat hanger rods to stiffen the fore ends on several Savage stocks.

Thanks P Dog!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote