Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stocks
 Login/Join

posted
has any one ever used a richards microfit gun stock. i was just wandering what kind of quality these stocks were. i was considering one for my project im startng

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used both Richards and Boyd's.. I have a Richards on order right now...

They may require some fitting work when you get it, or they may not...Just be prepared and not pissed off if you have to do some inletting or filling once she comes...

I don't mind it, and they do back up their products... a quick tip is to check out some of the stuff that they have on their seconds, and returns list.. good prices, available NOW and if you don't like it when you get it, they will let you return it with no questions...

I give them good marks for customer service overall....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a Richards stock. I didn't have to do much for proper fit exept the barrel channel. It does come pretty ruff and requires quite a bit of sanding, but that's to be expected. My next stock will come from Richards as well. Just not in such a wild color.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a stock on order from them right now. Just a standard walnut grade just to see how they are. Plus I am getting it for an action I am not 100% sure of what it actually is. The measurements are pretty close to that of an M48 but it is a commercial action. We will se how well I did.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one a whild back and it needed more fitting than I can do. I am taking to a guy who knows what he is doing.
It Is a real nice chunck of walnut though for the price...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a prone stock from them and was given a 6 weeks lead time which should have resulted in a July 10th completion. Called to check on it yesterday and the phone recording said not to even ask until it was more than 10 weeks after order date. Must be a really huge business where customer service is not in touch with manufacturing?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote