New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Factory Ammo for .260
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just purchased a new Savage 111XP in .260 left hand for my son. Trying to keep him into hunting.

He will never hand load, so I’m looking for factory loads recommendations for those of you who’ve had success.

Thanks for your insight.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
I see you have a 6.5 CM. What bullets work good in that rifle?
The 260 is a ballistic twin to the 6.5 CM. Just choose a factory load with the same bullet your 6.5 CM uses.
That will prove just as effective as it does in the 6.5 CM.
I have a 6.5 CM and find bullets of 140 grs work well.
For a bit less recoil the129 gr will work too
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Federal loads premium bullets including Barnes, and has a decent selection. Remington 140’s just work as they always have.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
through the years ive seen several rifles give very good accuracy with the cheapest federal cartridges they sold. you just have to try different brands and loads to see what works best in your rifle.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
We tried .260 Federal Fusion 120Gr. It was Very accurate. Also Hornady factory ammo is hard to beat.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
Just purchased a new Savage 111XP in .260 left hand for my son. Trying to keep him into hunting.

He will never hand load, so I’m looking for factory loads recommendations for those of you who’ve had success.

Thanks for your insight.

The accuracy of Savage rifles have always amazed me. I have a .338 Lapua that shoots 2.5 inch groups at 500 yards (prone with a bipod). The only rifles I own that are more accurate are all custom accuracy jobs (Borden or Stiller action, etc).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote