THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Lt Wt 260 Rem mtn rifle project- Comments?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lt Wt 260 Rem mtn rifle project- Comments?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rasp65:
How about a 25-08

You mean the 25 Souper? Based on a 308 case?
If so, that's a FINE round..

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I built my .257, I used a Mauser action, because that is the action length that the parent 7x57 came in. I am now building a lightweight .260 with a SA Rem 700 mountain rifle, not 7, and a Bansner Sheep Hunter stock. Should go 6 3/4 lbs. when done.

Either would make a great lightweight, although my .257 is a full-length, laminated stock and goes almost 9 lbs.

I hunt from stands and I still hunt whitetails. Differrent rifles for different styles of hunting.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I to0 like the 260 remington. Have one in the Sako 75 varmint stainles laminate and a Kimber Montana. The Kimber montana in 260 weighs in at approx 6 lbs. scoped. Handles great, impervious to weather. Shoots under an inch at 100 w/ 120 grain nosler ballistic tips over 43 gr of IMR 4320. Killed whitetail, turkey and hogs to date. All DRT. Also you would not go wrong with a 7-08.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sa m700-22/250 that your thinking of convertingting to .25 cal, that simple:... .250savage.
I say this cause You didnt stipulate that you would need to predomonantly be using heavier slugs.
A 100-115np,100tsx or 110AB would do mightyfine out of 250sav.