Find
Notify
Tools

The Classic Seven
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

My friend Todd Kindler has kindly sent me details and prints of the CLASSIC SEVEN cartridges which he has designed.

They are on the FAQ section.

Here is a direct link www.accuratereloading.com/classic7.html

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Saeed,
Thanks for posting the new "Classic Seven" . I just sent an old Ruger #1V out to have a 20 Classic built. I can't wait to test it down the road. It should move the 33 gr. Hornady V-Max bullets at about 4400 fps!! Another death ray on woodchucks and coyotes! These handsome classic cartridges should be a lot of fun!

Todd Kindler-Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com

<jim saubier>
posted
Thanks Todd for another wonderful series of cartridges. I am glad to see that you chose a rimmed case for us single shot enthusiasts. The 30-30 case should be a great platform and I look forward to hearing your results.

jim
www.saubier.com/smallcaliber

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
Just read my copy of Small Caliber News about the Classic Seven series, but very little about the ideas behind the design was given other than a desire for a rimmed cartridge. It looks like the case length is 1.615". Can you tell me why you chose the .30-30 over the .357 Max or 5.56X50R or other rimmed cartridges with smaller case head diameters? And at what pressures do you expect the .17 Classic to be operating?

I guess my concern is the ability of the Contender to take the pressures, if they will be very far above what is normally generated in the .30-30.

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 04-04-2001).]

Posts: 323 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
The first 20 Classic is almost completed. Now to get it blued and then we can start testing. It is based on a Ruger #1 Varmint Model, a classic single shot rifle! If you all want to see what the "Classic Seven" looks like check out the computer generated cartridges by going to Saeed's posting and click on the direct link. Technology is amazing! Thanks Saeed for your help.

Todd Kindler- Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com

<1GEEJAY>
posted
HI Todd,
It will be a short wait for my 6mmbr.I had a Browning 1885 High Wall,I wasn't happy with the caliber, and the trigger.I sent it out to Lee Shaver.He does good trigger work on single shots.Had him rebarrel to 6mmbr.It's most likely in the blueing tank as we speak.Can't wait to get it.The loads are already to go.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com