THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    6.5x300 Accuguard vs Accumark

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x300 Accuguard vs Accumark
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at buying a 6.5x300 Weatherby. Yes I know it's totally inefficient, I'm just a tinkerer and I need another toy.

The Vanguard Accuguard with the better stock looks very nice. There's also a Mk V Accumark, but it's twice the price. I have 2 Mk V's (have never owned a Vangaurd) and I like them, but I'm hard pressed to justify the extra $$$. Barrels look to be the same, same with stocks, Mk V trigger looks better. Am I missing anything?

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I went through this process about a year ago. Bought the Accuguard. All I've shot through it is the Weatherby factory ammo (127 LDX) and it shoots 3 shots into an inch. I'm happy with it.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like a Weatherby in Mk V.

A Vanguard or a Howa 1500 shoots fine but doesn't feel like a Weatherby to me. My only Accumark is a 270 Win (6 lug) Mk V. 0.5 MOA out of the box.

Posts: 688 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AFRICAN LEADWOOD makes a really good point. It would be good if you could handle both firearms. Lots of different configurations with the Mark V. Handling them may help you decide. You may prefer the feel of one over the other.

Posts: 370 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never handled a mark V but I have two Vanguards and they are great rifles. Very accurate, fantastic triggers and a very comfortable stock. I’d only ever buy a Mark V deluxe because they are so beautiful looking.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Mark V's. I like the feel. I have handled the vanguard and no complaints there either. Good guns for sure.

Posts: 370 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougfinn:
I never handled a mark V but I have two Vanguards and they are great rifles. Very accurate, fantastic triggers and a very comfortable stock. I’d only ever buy a Mark V deluxe because they are so beautiful looking.

One 300 Weatherby coming up!!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada.  | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
The Vanguard is a solid rifle, but a Weatherby in name only. If you want a Weatherby you have to buy a Weatherby with a Mark V or FN Mauser action (pre Mark V circa 1958).

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote