Find
Notify
Tools

Culling whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brair,
The Nosler partition is a a great bullet in bigger calibers, but I not sold on it in the hot 22s as it blows the front off and the small 22 butt end goes through a deer leaving a 22 cal. hole..

Two bullets Im sold on in the 222, 2-250 or the 220 Swift amazingly is the 60 gr. Hornady HP or SP both..My favorite is the Nosler 64 gr. Bonded core in the Swift, its a hammer on both small and large deer..I used it on Mule Deer and whitetail in both the 22-250 and the swift..

I would suggest one to back off several hundred feet per second for anything larger than a coyote however, no reason not too and gets better bullet reaction and some to spare..60 grs at 3500 FPS is an awesome punch on any deer, and not likely to fail..

Ive seen the 40 gr and 4200 FPS eletrocute deer with poorly placed shoots and the shooter rave to no end, but given time they will meet the devil and their deer will leave the county to die a pitifully slow death..not a good practice by stupid hunters, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, worse than knowing nothing in some cases...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote