New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm ARC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone shoot own or have thoughts on the 6mm ARC ?

I have spent the last 6 months of Covid upgrading my ARs, SBRs and getting a few lowers built.

Geissele just came out with a 6mm ARC. I am assuming end of year they may offer an upper for sale.

I like my Geissele Super Duty in 5.56 and have built my lowers using mainly Geissele parts.

This one is tempting.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
My son has one and it shoots good. He loves it. It is factory loaded at max operating pressures so reloading ammo needs to be carefully worked up. My son built his to deer hunt with and killed a good 8 pt this year. Both Hornadys factory loadings printed the same place on the 100 yd target. Reloads were all very close too the same poi too. The only concern we had at all was a dent in the brass from ejection. His never stovepiped and the reloads for what ever reason didn't have as much of a dent. It does require a grendel type mag. Arc ammo doesn't work in 556 mags.

Hodgden's 2021 RELOADING magazine has a article about the ARC that is pretty good.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youngoutdoors:
My son has one and it shoots good. He loves it. It is factory loaded at max operating pressures so reloading ammo needs to be carefully worked up. My son built his to deer hunt with and killed a good 8 pt this year. Both Hornadys factory loadings printed the same place on the 100 yd target. Reloads were all very close too the same poi too. The only concern we had at all was a dent in the brass from ejection. His never stovepiped and the reloads for what ever reason didn't have as much of a dent. It does require a grendel type mag. Arc ammo doesn't work in 556 mags.

Hodgden's 2021 RELOADING magazine has a article about the ARC that is pretty good.

God Bless, Louis

I am going to get one built.

Stuff I have at home

I have a geissele upper receiver
I have a type 2 6.5 Grendel bolt carrier group from my larue 6.5 Grendel upper
I have a geissele mark 4 15 inch rail
I have a radian charging handle

Only thing I need to buy is barrel

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/ar-barrels/6mm-arc

Just taking parts I have laying around and $250 gets me a 6mm arc.

I need to find some ammo.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Louis, thanks for mentioning that article in the Hodgdon manual. I'll have to find a copy.
Last night I found load data from Hornady in two different categories, for gas gun to 52,000:

https://www.hornady.com/assets...as-58-105gr-data.pdf

And for bolt gun to 62,000:

https://www.hornady.com/assets...ata/6mm-arc-bolt.pdf

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote