New
Find
Notify
Tools

Czech .22's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Brno M1 and M2 .22's seem to be bringing about twice the price of current production CZ .22's. Can anyone enlighten me as to the basis for this difference in market value?

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone is as ignorant as I am.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion based on having had an M1 and shot and played with several of the newer CZs. I find that the M1 and M2 rifles seem to be better finished. There is also a rarity factor. The current CZ rifles shoot just as well as the older M1 and M2 rifles. That said, I would use an M1 or M2 if I were planning to build a nice custom .22 since I think you would save more than the difference in cost by starting with a better finished rifle. However, I would buy one of the current CZs for a use as-is rifle.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is no comparison in the quality the M-1 is by far the most well finished, better iron sights, more accurate as a rule, better quality walnut, better trigger pull, and stock design is so much better, and mod. 70 type safety, but only if your a true rifle nut, otherwise you wouldn't know the difference..

Put it all together the M-1 Brno is the ultimate 22 L. R. and resembles and feels like a high dollar English/African rifle that shrunk in the wash..

If you can't see that, or don't know the difference you will probably be as well off with the less expensive CZ, and its fairly decent gun IMO....resale value is with the M1 by a long shot.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote