New
Find
Notify
Tools

BUDS gun shop,SLOWWWWWW?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a rifle on order (12/29), last UPS scan was an origin scan (1/8). I contacted them and they are doing a claim to UPS. this is only my second gun from them. Is this a common problem with them?

thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered from them, they were not real fast, but certainly nothing like you’re seeing.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from them too, and they have been very prompt. Sorry to hear this.
I prefer to buy from Grabagun, however. Faster and cheaper.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like the shipper has the gun somewhere.
not the seller.
I'd give them a call and see where things stand, because it sounds like they done their part, your both being let down by UPS.

either way your out the money right now so let them make it right by staying in touch with them.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
sounds like the shipper has the gun somewhere.
not the seller.
I'd give them a call and see where things stand, because it sounds like they done their part, your both being let down by UPS.

either way your out the money right now so let them make it right by staying in touch with them.

I agree with Lamar. It was scanned by UPS at the point of origin...no further scans? It has been stolen most likely.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bought a couple of guns and miscellaneous items from them with no problems.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I agree with Lamar. It was scanned by UPS at the point of origin...no further scans? It has been stolen most likely.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
“...... sounds like the shipper has the gun somewhere.
not the seller.
either way your out the money right now so let them make it right by staying in touch with them....”

Either way it is the responsibility of the shipper (Buds) to go after UPS with a claim.
Time for Buds to man up and do the right thing for their customer that sent funds in good faith....sooner than later...

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Buds has always shipped my items very quickly. Two of the purchases were rifles. I'd buy from them again.

Let us know what happens with your order

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never had a bad experience from Bud's. They've always been prompt with their shipping. I've also had a good experience when dealing with their customer service when calling and asking questions.

I think this is a UPS theft problem and not necessarily a Buds Issue.

I hope it gets sorted out quickly though regardless. I also hope they catch the thief that took it.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just got an email from them, they are processing a new order for the rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They've been prompt for me but I've never ordered a complete firearm from them.

I agree with the others "not Bud's fault"

Zeke

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Last week on Friday I ordered a rifle from Bud's and it was at the FFL the following Tuesday. This is my second firearm from them.
Several years ago I bought an S&W Mdl 10 from someone else and it showed arriving at the UPS Center in Memphis Tn but it never left.

Steve...........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackeyeddueler:
I have a rifle on order (12/29), last UPS scan was an origin scan (1/8). I contacted them and they are doing a claim to UPS. this is only my second gun from them. Is this a common problem with them?

thanks

uhm, you ordered on a sunday, during the holiday break, and UPS screwed up shipping, and they are going to refill your order PRIOR to UPS paying them?

sounds like 1: UPS is being it's not "we don't want to pay" self, and 2: Bud's is doing excellent customer service

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE, dealer called yesterday it's here!