Find
Notify
Tools

QUE Industries B.O.S.S.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted
Does anybody have any experience with QUE Industries barrel stabilizer? It's similar to a B.O.S.S., and you can get ported (muzzle brake) or unported versions.
R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Rust>
posted
I know a couple of people who use them. They are used in conjunction with load developement to squeeze the last bit of accuracy out of factory barreled rifles. They work, but you have to realize since it was not developed with the barrel it is to be mounted on (Winchester and Browning BOSSs are weighted to work with the factory barrel they are installed on)you may be experimenting for awhile.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Rust - Re-reading my post, I see that it wasn't phrased properly. I actually meant to suggest the QUE gadget to our compadres if they are having a problem getting a gun to shoot. I had a neat little Model 7 (7-08)that shot patterns instead of groups, no matter what combination I tried. One of the QUE's turned it into a real shooter.
R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Hondo64d>
posted
I have a Remington 700 Stainless in 6mm that I put an H.S. precision stock on. Prior to installation of the QUE, the best load I could come up with averaged about 1.25". After installing the QUE, I took a load the rifle previously didn't like (grouped about 1.75"), tuned the QUE, and now it groups just a hir over 1/2". To me that's a remarkable improvement. Disadvantages? Ugly, and LOUD. Sure a lot cheaper than a new barrel, though!

John