Find
Notify
Tools

Perturbed!! a lot
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
MadSome of you are aware of the problems I'm having with my Savage made rifles. This is related to my 12bss-s in .223 and it's ailing Accuttriger. The trigger has gradually gone bad till now it will not cock. I had never had the stock off since I bought it 3 years ago.

I called Savage and after a short discussion they said to send it back and IF they agrree it's their fault they will repair it at no charge but I must pay the shipping from the west coast to MA.

Well after a real hassle with Fed Ex and our local approved Fed Ex shipper I was allowed to ship it back for only $145.00. What a joke.

BEWARE when buying from the east coast with shipping prices so outrageous. Why there isn't a West coast approved repair center seems to stem from an I don't give a shit about you philosophy.

I hope all who have them enjoy their Accutriggers more than I have. pissersaccutrigger Madroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sucks ass!! $145 AND they still haven't agreed to fix it!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What did you ship that cost $145? A '72 ford F250?

Sounds like you just got ripped off! It cost less than $30 to ship a rifle in a hard case and box anywhere in the US

I just sent one to Alaska for less than $25

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something?

Did you send it overnight delivered with a lap-dance???

I know handguns have to be overnighted, but why in the world didn't you ship it ground fed-ex, ups, or usps? I don't think I've ever spent over 30 bucks including insurance to ship a long gun.

And if this is some kind of wierd California rule, let's close the borders on the west side of Nevada to everyone but the gamblers, we have enough stupidity from the existing CA transplants.

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I shipped a heat press that weighed 120 lbs, was oversized in weight, and dimensions, paid for the packing materials etc. and it didn't cost that much to ship...

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't think Fex-Ex would ship rifles. The little brown truck does. That price of $145 is completely outrageous. You got took! Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
USPS ships rifles for around $20.00 per.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:

Sounds like you just got ripped off!

I DID> THEY REFUSED TO SEND IT IN THE HARD CASE I HAD IT IN< SO THEY PUT IT IN AN OVERSIZE CARDBOARD BOX. I did not know the charges untill after it was repacked. Do I fell had? you bet.. boohooroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger, I'd be inclined to:

1. Make sure I had a copy of the Receipt.
2. Get a quote from UPS for sending a rifle in the Case the FedX guy would not let you use.
3. Then go back to the place you sent it from and get the phone number for the Regional Manager and Customer Service Rep. Let the local folks know you plan to find out why it had to be handled that way.
4. Call both the Regional Mgr and Customer Service Rep and ask if this was the way they think it should have been handled. You might end up with a Refund, or at least more of a disaster to relate about the poor FedX Shipping. Neither of these groups of folks like to hear about unhappy customers, especially when you mention it is being discussed openly on the net.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you went to a FedEx drop off center(MailBox Etc) and not the "Real" FedEx you may be screwed. These drop off centers like "The UPS Store" are not part of the main company. They are locally owned and follow their own set of rules.

I tried to send a rifle back to Ruger via THE UPS Store. I was told in no uncertain terms that they DO NOT ship firearms of any kind to anyone for any reason. I made a call to UPS and was told that the "USP Store" is not part of UPS and a locally owned business that follows there own rules. I brought the rifle down to the "Real UPS" and everything went smooth as silk. Only cost me $21.

I hope Savage comes through for you at least!

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That ia common mistake people make thinking the UPS store is UPS when it isn't. The UPS office works real well with guns and so does USPS.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never had the slightest problem with any gun manufacturer. The whole world should be as helpful as they are. Seems to me your only problem is with the shipper. BTW, we have 5 accutriggers in the family, not a spot of trouble.

Posts: 15861 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Even heavy rifles with scopes seldom run more than $25 when shipped in a hard plastic case. I've sent and received many this way.

I would have politely refused the $145 tab and asked for the manager. But I still think there's time for this to be resolved. Be persistent.

What they charged you was ludicrous and the epitome of legalized theft.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9330 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
As to the Accutrigger, I am sorry to hear of you problem. One of my rifles with the AccuTrigger was purchased as soon as they became available and has seen many miles afield. I've had no problem so far and have really come to like it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9330 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
As to the Accutrigger, I am sorry to hear of you problem. One of my rifles with the AccuTrigger was purchased as soon as they became available and has seen many miles afield. I've had no problem so far and have really come to like it.

Remember that little guy in Lil Abner that always walked under a dark cloud?

Well listening to all the rave reviews I went and bought a CZ527 American in .222. How could I go wrong? right? It would not feed and I had to hone more edges and burrs just to make the bolt slide in an out. It is now a just Ok walking around rifle, nothing more.

The acutrigger I got must be a 1 in a 1000 lemon from listening to you guys.

If Savage had the CZ set trigger we'd have someting. At least in their single shot. If you look at the feed problems on my four Stevens it sure is sad. There goes that cloud. Frownerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger I think My savage trigger went south yesterday also.
I had shot maybe 8 or 9 rounds and the next one fired as I was going down on the bolt handle.It did it 3 times yesterday.I only load one shot at a time and it startled me pretty good at the time.I have had this 10fp for several years and it had worked ok till yesterday.It has the accru-trigger which I don't care that much for anyway.It had allways been set at 3 lbs but when I checked it it was less than 2 lbs.Was going to just turn it back up to 3 lbs but it won't work,there is one spot where it goes from less than a 1/2 lb to about 2.75,but it won't go any higher.I have turned that dang spring out and in so many times and that one spot is all I can get to work,but if I push the safty on and pull the triger and take the safty off the thing fires.I have taken it apart 5 or 6 times today and cannot see anything wrong with it.So I am thinking that it must be the spring after a lot of use??
Going to call savage and see what they think is wrong before I send it back.
Any one else have any problems with the accru-trigger.
Roger if its going to cost me like that to send it back I am just going to get a sharp shooter trigger and put it in they have them onsale for $90 bucks.Hope they get yours fixed.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shipped rifles to Savage this year, and all it took was $26 at the Post Office. Only place to ship IMHO!
Have six Accu-Trigger rifles now, and NEVER had a problem. I think you got hosed big time with Fed-Ex. Work with them, if they won't make it right, then tell you them all of the information is going on every fireams forum you can find with the final person you dealt with there and address included.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent a rifle back to savage via USPS only about $20.00. I also asked for delivery confirmation. I had the rivle back from Savage and never did get delivery conf.

Roger that little guy in Al Capp comic strip was Joe Bflstyx.
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent a rifle to Savage a few months ago via USPS. Only a little over $20.00. I asked for delivery confirmation, I had the rifle back and never did get delivery conf.
Roger That little guy in the Al Capp strip was Joe Biflstyx.
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
MadI screwed up big time. The frustration level just gets so high some times , dealing form a lack of knowlege with ignorant experts that I start fighting the wrong battle. Such is the case here ,I'm quite sure. Confusedroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Roger,

you went to one of those contract shippers, and they are allowed to charge whatever they want, over the normal shipping rates...

UPS and Postal Service can allow the same thing...

I go to my local UPS location here, and ship a rifle for $15.00.. a lot of times, I remove the stock and that saves a lot of shipping charges...

The repair shops have a lot of stocks if they want to shoot it after repairing it...

Savage isn't the rip off here, the rip off is a very high LA based contract shipper... sounds like he charged you 400% extra to ship your package for you....

If you accepted the charge, whether knowing fully or not.. legally you don't have a leg to stand on here...

My sympathies for getting ripped off...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't think you want to hear any more about shipping so i will address the trigger. if savage will not make the trigger good, tell them to ship it home as is and get a sharp shooter supply trigger and replace the faulty trigger. i have 4 savage rifles and have sss triggers in all of them. my two varmint, table guns are set at just under 2 lbs and are great.
GOOD LUCK!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the jigger:
i don't think you want to hear any more about shipping so i will address the trigger. if savage will not make the trigger good, tell them to ship it home as is and get a sharp shooter supply trigger and replace the faulty trigger. i have 4 savage rifles and have sss triggers in all of them. my two varmint, table guns are set at just under 2 lbs and are great.
GOOD LUCK!!

I just may wind up doing that on the 12vbss and one or two of the Stevens to boot. Thanks Frownerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe anyone would send a rifle anyplace for that much. I would have to get a second price from somewhere. The Post office would have been cheaper and yes they will ship rifles.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacobite:
I can't believe anyone would send a rifle anyplace for that much. I would have to get a second price from somewhere. The Post office would have been cheaper and yes they will ship rifles.

OK Frownerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
jigger,are the one sss has on sale for $80 bucks the ones you got and did you put them in yourself?If so were they easy to install?

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
MadSome of you are aware of the problems I'm having with my Savage made rifles. This is related to my 12bss-s in .223 and it's ailing Accuttriger. The trigger has gradually gone bad till now it will not cock. I had never had the stock off since I bought it 3 years ago.

I called Savage and after a short discussion they said to send it back and IF they agrree it's their fault they will repair it at no charge but I must pay the shipping from the west coast to MA.

Well after a real hassle with Fed Ex and our local approved Fed Ex shipper I was allowed to ship it back for only $145.00. What a joke.

BEWARE when buying from the east coast with shipping prices so outrageous. Why there isn't a West coast approved repair center seems to stem from an I don't give a shit about you philosophy.

I hope all who have them enjoy their Accutriggers more than I have. pissersaccutrigger Madroger

Ack!! Geez, Roger, you could have had a gunsmith install any number of decent accessory triggers (rifle basix, timney, SSS, etc.) for less than you paid to ship that rifle. You are going to have to buy a truckload of hot deal powder to make up for the rip off you just suffered. And while the Savage trigger shouldn't have failed, I guess it is understandable how you could be angry with Savage as well as the rip off shipper. (That should be shipper spelled with 2 T's if you catch my drift) I mean if Savage had installed a proper trigger, you never would have been exposed to the predatory shipping industry of SoCal. One more reason to move to a "non-californicated" state, if you ask me....
I sure hope that Savage at least makes it right for you. You have definitely suffered enough. Good Luck.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Roger,
That story hurts. I mailed a S&W pistol to MagNa-Port last week from a UPS center in Laurel MD. The regular UPS stores in my area refused to ship a pistol or any other firearm. The center insisted on opening the pre-wrapped package to 'inspect it to see if it was what my label said'. Then they taped my package back up and charged me $#50.00 to mail the 'four lb." package. The gun weighed @1 lb. with the grips removed & they claim the plastic case, bubble wrap and cardboard box weighed three. I am also feeling had.

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
owensby,
sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. i've been working concrete and that's a job for an old man. one of them was the sale trigger that i put in a stevens 200. the others are the competition model. i put them in under the supervision of my good friend who is a smith. the only one with which we had any difficulty at all was the replacement for the accutrigger. only one of my savage/stevens rifles had accutrigger.

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.I went ahead and ordered the Rifle basic 1 to 3 lb trigger for the 223.Was going to get the sss but went back to their site and all I could find was the target trigger.Have read that the rifle basic works very good too so will see when I get it.All of my savages are with the accru trigger except the muzzleloader and I like the one on the muzzleloader the best.Have it set at 2 1/2 lbs.