THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    17 Remington As A 600 Yrad Target Rifle!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 Remington As A 600 Yrad Target Rifle!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Our friend Corbin was kind enough to send me these photos.

I hope he will give us more details of his exploits.

Great shooting Corbin.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66750 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
In my wallet I cary a target shot at 200yrds with a homebrew 17Rem on a trued Rem 700 action in an ugly Choate sniper stock which measures .513". This was done using Berger 25gr bullets over 23 grns of varget.
I love my 17.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
<jim saubier>
posted
The story, pictures, and description of the rifle and event are posted at:

www.saubier.com/smallcaliber

It is truly remarkable.

------------------
jim

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Great Shooting,Corbin, with that 17 Remington! We will make a believer out of them yet. The small calibers are for real folks. My friend and neighbor, Terry Stein, just showed me some groups that he had shot at over 700 yards with his 17 Remington. However, they were shot with a T/C handgun with I think a 16 inch barrel. It was truly incredible and I have asked him to do an article for Small Caliber News. He just dropped off the article and I hope to have it in the fall issue. I would like to say that I do not recommend using any of the 17's much over 400 yards on woodchucks as the energy drops off too much. You could definitely try to pop some prairie dogs a little further out. Again great shooting and thanks for sharing it with us.
Todd Kindler
Editor, Small Caliber News
www.smallcaliber.com