THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Hey Todd K. I understand that the 20 Vartarg Turbo likes Benchmark powder.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Todd K. I understand that the 20 Vartarg Turbo likes Benchmark powder.
 Login/Join

<DuaneinND>
posted
Just checking to see if you have done any testing or have some data. Talked to a fellow the other day, said that his Turbo just "came alive" in velocity/accuracy with Benchmark and V-max bullets.

<Jordan>
posted
Duaine:

Did this guy give you any details or load data? I wonder if Benchmark would also work well in a .20 Var Targ?

Thanks,

Jordan

<Dan C>
posted
Hey stranger! No deal on Benchmark for the 20 VT. Just can't get enough in the case to get up to speed. Same with H-322 for that matter.

Dan C

<Jordan>
posted
Thanks Dan!

Good to hear from you. Just bought a canister of H41987 this evening. Hope to shoot this weekend---and perhaps I can do so this time without blowing up a rifle.

Regards,

Jordan

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
I have not tested Benchmark in the 20 VTT . It may be a little too slow, however it could prove to be a dandy accuracy powder in it. I still favor Hodgdon 4198 in the 20 VTT. I think the 20 VTT is quite capable of 3900 fps with the Hornady 33 gr. V-Max bullets .

Todd Kindler-Editor Small Caliber News www.smallcaliber.com

<DuaneinND>
posted
Todd, I will get some of the data from the fellow, He says 4000 fps is no sweat with excellent accuracy.