THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    What Is The Actual Diameter Of The Following Calibers...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Actual Diameter Of The Following Calibers...
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I would like to know if any of you have an idea what is the actual size of .12 and .14 caliber bullets.

Example .17 has a bullet of 0.172
.22 has a bullet of 0.224, .270 has 0.277.

I would like to make some of these bullets, and I am looking for guidelines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
according to Mr. Eichelberger in his books:
the 10 calibers are .103
the 12 calibers are .123
the 14 calibers are .144

Posts: 977 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you very.
I appreciate the quick reply.

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Before I made any bullets I would want to know the actual groove depth of the barrel. I would not go by data unrelated to any commercial standard, like we have for the common calibers.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Before I made any bullets I would want to know the actual groove depth of the barrel. I would not go by data unrelated to any commercial standard, like we have for the common calibers.

The good thing about us making our bullets on a CNC lathe is we can adjust the size anytime I wish.